Terminator 2 vs. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs vs. Twin Peaks: The Pilot

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler T, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator

I've got an extra $20 to spare. I went to Target and saw an original T2 metal case, but also saw Snow White there. I thought to myself, if I get T2 I will have the cool metal case that is not made anymore and plus a great film and DVD extras. But, I also remebered that Snow White is going out of print, so I did not know if I should have snatched that one up instead. But, then I remembered Twin Peaks! I have found an auction that I want to bid on (ladywan, I think) but I have not had any money for DVD's these past weeks. So I walked out of Target with unrelated things, but I was deep in thought. I know SW will not go out of print until a few weeks, but still it is nice to have it before it is too late. But, then I figured what would happen if someone smart got the metal T2 case. Actually most likely not, since the metal case was behind the cardboard case. But, Twin Peaks! Twin Peaks! Twin Peaks! Twin Peaks! How else am I supposed to get that auction anyway if I spend my money on a good James Cameon film. What should I buy?
    *Wow, this post is freaked out. For some reason, I was thinking Moulin Rouge the whole time! [​IMG]

2. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

This is a no-brainer. Get T2. SW is not really going out of print--it's just a marketing gimmick by Disney to get people to buy SW now. SW is only "going back into the vaults for 7 years" or something like that. Rest assured that it will come back again, and you can bet that the copies that are out there have not sold out every single copy. As for the TP pilot, these discs come out of Hong Kong and you can pick them up any time, especially if you buy from online retailers operating out of Asia. If you really want the metal case T2, go for it. By the way, I have that copy of T2 and while the metal case is cool looking, it's really stupidly designed--open at both ends so it's really easy for the plastic case to fall out the bottom.

3. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Trust me. Get SNOW WHITE. T2's metal case is flimsy. This release of SNOW WHITE is terrific! The extras are some of the best out there. Yes, SNOW WHITE will return to home video in some form, but most likely not with these same features. You'll kick yourself if you don't get it.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I agree that the T2 metal case is poorly designed. It scratches the keepcase easily or sometimes the keepcase falls out of it.

5. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Get the T2 metal case. Those are very hard to come by....I haven't seen one in months. Snow White will still be around for a couple of months at least before all the stores sell them all. As for the Twin Peaks pilot, you can get that on Amazon for $29.99 [​IMG]

6. Marty Neudel

Marty Neudel Stunt Coordinator

>Terminator 2 vs. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs<

All I know is that the Terminator knocked off Snow White and 6 of the dwarfs in the first reel. After that, it was prettey boring until the remaining dwarf finally ... S P O I L E R * A H E A D ... sneezed the Terminator into orbit.

Marty

7. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Tough one...

SNOW WHITE is the best DVD edition of the bunch IMO (I can't stand the unwieldy, difficult to navigate, largely fluff extras on T2).

TWIN PEAKS is my favorite "film" of the bunch, but easily the weakest DVD edition.

I have Snow White and Twin Peaks, but traded away T2. Of the bunch, I think I'm happiest to have the Twin Peaks pilot. And considering Martin Blythe's comments in the Studio/Manufacturer feedback section suggesting that Paramount's nowhere close to attaining the rights for a region 1 release, I think it might also end up being the rarest of these discs. Then again, that SNOW WHITE disc is really quite extraordinary...

8. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator

I think I will probably buy Snow White.

But, I will wait off for T2 though. I may buy the first one first though.

As for TP, I am not paying $29.00 for the pilot on Amazon, when I can get it cheap and factory sealed for under $20 on e-bay!

9. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Interesting that I just saw this thread, as I popped in T2 only last night for another viewing. I reached for the metal case, and had to squeeze it slightly to prevent the keepcase from falling through. Don't flame me for asking this, [​IMG] but does the metal case in some way add to the DVD's collectable value or something? I really see no reason at all for it, as it indeed was poorly designed w/that "wrap-around" back and open ends. And, no, it's not going ANYwhere because my wife is a believer in keeping EVERYTHING around the house[​IMG]

10. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Just for anyone's info: My local Borders had three T2's with metal cases, although at a higher price than Best Buy or Target. Undoubtedly, there are other stores with copies also.