What's new

Terminator 2 UE. What's the story? (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I know this was touched on recently, but I wanted a definitive answer.
What's the current version of this title?
Today, I just picked up a two-disc version in a silver plastic double alpha case, just like the Die Hard releases. It had a silver cardboard slip case, NOT the metal one.
Have the metal-cased DVD-18 and the 2 DVD-9's in a slim case been deleted?
Thanks in advance.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Yes, I think the Silver Metal Case has now been put OOP, and this new one in a double alpha is the only version they're printing. This does not mean however that the old one is hard to get, I think many stores may still have it. Also note that the msrp has been lowered from $39.99 to $26.98.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw the T2:UE dvd at Best Buy in a silver plastic double alpha case (w/carboard slip cover). But the back of the case said "Over 6 hours on ONE DVD" on the top. So are they still pressing the dvd-18 version?
I was all excited when I saw the double alpha with the cardboard cover - because I want the two disc version. But I didn't buy it since the back of the case stated it was just one disc.
Anyone know if this is just a typo on the back of the cardboard slipcase?
Darren, does the top of your cardboard sleeve say "Over 6 hours on ONE DVD" ?
Thanks!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Lane, I just purchased the T2:UE and it was the one you are asking about. No, it is not the DVD-18 version. It's DVD-9 even though the back of the case specifies "6 Hours of Content on one DVD."
Like you, I did not want the DVD-18. I like the artwork and the fact that's it not double sided.
------------------
flag.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on September 21, 2001 at 07:55 PM]

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Patrick, I don't mind DVD-18 at all, I simply prefer DVD-9 when given the choice. I like the art work and it's one less side to worry about scratching when removing in and out of the case. In the case of T2, it's one of my favorite movies and I watch it frequently. With something like Ben-Hur I don't mind it being DVD-18.
So, just to reiterate, I don't mean to "crap" on DVD-18. I actually do like it.
------------------
flag.jpg

richard plumb

Stunt Coordinator
quick question regarding T2:
I have the Japanese DVD. Is the quality of the new version much improved? Ignoring extras for the moment, just the picture and sound.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
~ You can get the 2 disc dvd-9 Limited Edition Metal Collector's Case at BB for $19.99 if you search through the inventory.
At my local BB they had all 3 versions about 25 total[4 Metal dvd-18, 3 Metal dvd-9, 18 Newer cheaper plastic dvd-9] for the $19.99 price, I of course got the one mentioned above.
Check the runnning T2 thread at coupons & bargains for more informative information.
bodymov'n
cool.gif

------------------

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the metal Ultimate Edition at Sam's Club last week for $17.98. I'm actually not the biggest fan of the film, but couldn't pass up the price.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Do you feel like you're getting "more" for the money with two DVD-9s?
I just don't understand why people crap on the DVD-18.

It's not that I feel I'm getting more for my money with two dvd-9s. It's a matter of convience. I have a DVD changer, so with the two disc version there is no need for me to get up to view the 2nd disc.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
You could be lazy like me and own the Sony DVP-CX860. This 301-disc dvd player allows you to A: keep all your dvds in the player reducing the scratch factor (unfortunately it also makes a great carrying case for theives) and I do plan on buying another one soon because it's almost filled up. B: It has a flip button to play two-sided discs (now that's lazy!)
C: Art work? I don't get to see the artwork once in the player.
D: DVD-18 allows me to save space. Too many 2-disc sets really eat up the 301-disc space.
One question though: Does the 2-disc set allow for the "ultimate" edition to be played? Just curious.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Hmm, so how do you know if you have the DVD-18 or the DVD-9 (metal case) before opening the factory shrink-wrap? It was stated above that the phrase "6 hours of content on one DVD" appears on both metal releases. So, is there any other clue to tell them apart unopened?

Details on mine: The case appears a very thin metal slip case with a gap down the middle of the back side. I can see the alpha case and booklet tucked inside at either narrow end. I just received it from Amazon.com -- I was surprised it turned out to be metal. It has a black sticker on the wrap with silver print "LIMITED EDITION METAL COLLECTOR'S CASE" "over 6 hrs. of content on 1 DVD" "includes 32 page booklet" "GZ.2.10967.K.1" if any of that helps. 10967 is obviously the upc number.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I prefer the single case and DVD-18 myself. It matches more with Terminator 1's single case and DVD-14. But I'm just being picky.

Jeff

StephenA

Screenwriter
I just found out recently that there were two versions of the UE. As long as they both have pretty much the same stuff, I don't care. I got the one with the metal case from Wal-Mart about 8 months ago.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Hmm, so how do you know if you have the DVD-18 or the DVD-9 (metal case) before opening the factory shrink-wrap?
The metal version has a sticker on the outside. It will say either "6 hours of content on 1 DVD" or "6 hours of content on 2 DVD-9s," depending on which version you have. The information on the sticker is accurate for the metal version.

The cardboard version has the sticker that says "1 DVD," but it actually has the 2-disc version. The DVD-18 version isn't available in the cardboard case. The information on the sticker is not accurate for the cardboard version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks