Terminator 2 UE Audio Dropout

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan T, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I was watching Terminator 2 UE on my Pioneer Elite DV-38A & experienced several audio dropouts. I was watching the DTS track. It happened around 6 times throughout the movie & only lasted for a split second. I didn't try the Dolby Digital track.

I tried to do a search to see if there was any problems with this disc but wasn't able to find anything. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this disc? Thanks for the replies.

2. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    There were numerous reports of DTS dropouts when this disc came out, so it's a fairly well-known problem. It's possible that your player was having problems with the disc's seamless branching: this is a likely cause if the dropouts were repeatable at specific points during the film.

Adam

3. Dharmesh C

Dharmesh C Supporting Actor

[​IMG] I get the dropouts, too. I've only ever tried DTS, but it does happen during the Seamless branching sequence.
    My player is a Tosh 100SD

4. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

No dropouts playing the SE version (seemless branching) with DTS on my Panasonic RV-80. I used to have a Pioneer DV-09 and had no dropouts on that either.

Jeff

5. Garry I

Garry I Stunt Coordinator

I have a pioneer dvd player and i have noticed dropouts on the DTS track at 2 points. At these 2 points, they weren't detected with the Dolby track. Apparently to do with seamless branching.

6. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I had the same problem at the seemless branching points using my old Toshiba SD-6200 player. My current Panasonic RP-91 plays this disc fine.

7. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Then I don't have a defective disc? The dropouts occur while watching the SE version with the DTS track. Like I said I haven't tried the Dolby Digital track to see if the dropouts occur on that track also. For those of you that have the DTS dropouts do you have dropouts on the Dolby Digital track also? Is the seamless branching causing the audio dropouts if I'm watching the Special Edition version?

This is the first problem disc that I have ever had. Even Disney's "Dinosaur" played fine. Thank goodness the dropouts only last for a brief second. It just sounds like a quick glitch.

8. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The "SE" version is the seemless branching version that places additional scenes in the film using DVD's seemless branching feature. As for whether this occurs on the Dolby Digital soundtrack, I could not tell you. I only listened to the DTS soundtrack on my old Toshiba player.