What's new

Terminator 2 on region 4 ? (1 Viewer)

RickK

Agent
does this exist? I've looked in lots of stores and a couple of web sites and cannot find. does anyone have or seen T2 in R4?

thanks, Rick.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy,

The T2 DVD is now out of print in R4. When the distibution contract was finishing in R4, The T2: UE was just released in R1. Basically, the R4 distributor (Columbia Tri-Star) asked for the rights to the UE, and Artisan Entertainment (copyright owner and owner of the bonus materials) wanted too much $$$. And so ended the bitter tale of T2 in R4. Sorry.
P.S. And I sold my R4 to get the UE, too!! Sorry again!

RickK

Agent
Thanks Benjamin, I'll just have to look for a second hand copy I suppose, or get a World Zone Player!!

Thanks again....Rick

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Why what's wrong with the UE? I couldn't see a 1st/2nd gen r4 competing with the UE for quality...

RickK

Agent
UE edition is only R1 though isn't it ? . I have an R4 only machine.(been looking for an excuse to get a new one anyway..LOL )

Ben JH

Grip
T2 UE is also available in R2, although the deleted and alternate scenes aren't integrated back into the film via seamless branching, as on the R1.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
The Region "4" T2 was a joke.
It was actually the french DVD with a Region 4 bunged onto it.
The menu was basic, lame and inaccurate.
The disc would automatically show the French subtitles and you had to switch them off EVERY time you watched it.
The Region 1 T2:UE leaves it in the dust.
BUUUT... If you don't want a multizone player or you want the PAL resolution, I've seen the Region 4 disc in a couple of stores in Melbourne.
Just make some calls.
:)

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
If you want PAL resolution, you are far better off ordering the French version which is the UE minus one of the three cuts of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks