What's new

3D Terminator 2 Judgement Day 3D (1 Viewer)

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Here in the UK if anyone wants to check out local screenings you can find out more on terminator2-3d.co.uk
All the main cinema chains are screening it in 3D at 7.30pm including Vue, Odeon, Cineworld, showcase etc. Its a great shame it seems to just be getting one screening as I would have liked to see it twice at the cinema, I guess it will be coming in remotely to all the screens rather than on a hard drive.

Yes we have also noted older 3D titles are fetching a little more now so perhaps collectors want to grab a bit of home cinema history?
Photo I snapped at our local store this week of the 3D display.
so.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven't seen any theater listings in the U.S. yet - I think I have my Fandango account set to alert me when tickets go onsale. I have the 3D disc preordered from the U.K. as well.

At the end of the day, I prefer the extended version to the theatrical. I hadn't seen the theatrical version for many years. Then, maybe a couple years ago, a local repertory theater got an old 35mm print that I went to see, and the theatrical version wasn't the comparative letdown that I was afraid it would be. I think the extended is the better movie, but I'm happy to get any cut in 3D. I guess I always figured that's the way it was gonna be, so I've long made my peace with it. (Everyone already knows my biases, but still, going from 2D to 3D on the theatrical cut seems like a bigger upgrade than going from 2D 1080p to 2D UHD. I can understand the relucantance to rebuy it just for that. It seems more possible a UHD upgrade for app versions would one day follow than a 3D extended cut. I'd bet anything that whatever 3D version comes out this year will be it for 3D with this movie.)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is the U.K. release territory locked?

We'll know in October or when the 1st review disc is checked maybe late Sept. StudioCanal UK releases of US Lionsgate release have almost always been locked before.

The AUS releases may be distributed by Sony/Universal and has a better chance of being Region A compatible.
The Asian region A releases haven't been announced yet

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Maybe because the 3D is for the theatrical edition only?

Yes your probably right, also I'm not sure if this is going to be "right" for 3D, there's so many cuts too, this is one where I would like a 4k 3D/2D combo pack so I can watch whichever I fancy.

Pre order in the UK is £22.99 for 3D/2d and the same for the 4k/bd.

Last edited:

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Went to the cinema and had my usual chat with some of the staff also with the manager about T2 3D coming this month. He was telling me some of the staff had booked the day off and were making a day of the 3D screening as they had not seen the film before and were looking forward to it. Interesting T2 is reaching a new age of viewers keen to see it up on the 3D screen this time also celebrating the event and sort of takes me back a bit.

I was not surprised the 3D Steelbook BR sold out so quickly, almost instantly and look forward to putting that next to the others in Oct.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How do I find out where it's. playing? I might consider teeing the theatrical 3D in a theater.

I must be doing something wrong because I'm having a hard time finding theaters/dates.

I don't have any AMC theaters near me, so that's one thing. But doesn't the release widen eventually?

Is there a clearinghouse site for this somewhere?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I must be doing something wrong because I'm having a hard time finding theaters/dates.

I don't have any AMC theaters near me, so that's one thing. But doesn't the release widen eventually?

Is there a clearinghouse site for this somewhere?
They have times and locations here http://www.terminator2-3d.com but at least near me (if you can say 'near' is about 40 or 50 miles away), it's all AMC theaters. The schedule for other theater chains near me goes up in a day or two so I'm holding out hope that they play T2.

EDIT: Never mind, it's an AMC exclusive for the first week. http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...rminator-2-judgment-day-returning-1202483256/

And I'd be willing to bet that as a 'punishment' for giving AMC an exclusive, no other chain will play it so it's PROBABLY going to be see it at AMC or nothing.

Of course, they just closed an AMC near me (to give it a desperately needed renovation) and there's one about 15 miles from me but they're the one AMC theater in about 100 miles that's not playing it so my only other choice is to drive 50 miles to see it. Thanks for nothing, AMC!

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Went to the cinema and had my usual chat with some of the staff also with the manager about T2 3D coming this month. He was telling me some of the staff had booked the day off and were making a day of the 3D screening as they had not seen the film before and were looking forward to it. Interesting T2 is reaching a new age of viewers keen to see it up on the 3D screen this time also celebrating the event and sort of takes me back a bit.

I was not surprised the 3D Steelbook BR sold out so quickly, almost instantly and look forward to putting that next to the others in Oct.
Who had the 3D steel book?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The cyclical answer?

Repertory cinema is all but dead in the states. There's not a lot of desire on behalf of the average customer these days to spend $15-20 on a movie ticket for something they can watch at home for free.

And Lionsgate has been cutting back domestic 3D for some time, so it's unsurprising that they went that route here. Disappointing, but unsurprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks