What's new

3D Terminator 2 Judgement Day 3D (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sony can give us all three cuts of Close Encounters of the Third Kind on Blu Ray, I see no reason why Terminator 2, potentially a film that will sell more copies, shouldn’t include all three versions, it’s cheapness at the last hurdle to not include it, they spent all that money making it into 3D and producing an UHD disc, I hope the delay is to put all versions on the disc.

The same goes for other flicks which have alternate editions, it annoys me to often find the UHD disc only contains the theatrical cut, makes me think they are holding stuff back for a second release at some future point.

Ok now sure there may be reasons beyond their control with some films but since many flicks are simply 2K upscales from the digital intermediate it cannot be a quality control issue to include extended cuts that are available on Blu Ray since the extended scenes have 2K quality so could be used.

This does not only happen with UHD discs but with 3D discs where often you get the theatrical cut only, I mean for example, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, it has fabulous 3D pop out moments, makes the film more enjoyable than it would be if viewing just in 2D, but did they really not finish the 3D for the additional gory scenes they made available as 2D only, I would think they finish that stuff then submit to the MPAA and get declined the R certificate thus cut scenes out and restore for the Blu Ray, at that point the 3D is surely finished so why do we get theatrical cut as 3D but extended with the gorier scenes as 2D only, it’s an annoying thing to happen, Beowulf being another example, since the additional scenes must have been finished in 3D too but had to be censored for a lower rating.

A lot of money has been spent on Terminator 2 and to only include the theatrical cut on the UHD or 3D disc will be annoying and in my opinion smacks of laziness or someone is planning yet another double dip for that movie further down the line on at least the UHD disc format.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Eye. If it was a film we loved we always buy the 3D Blu-Ray although this particular Arnie is a bit more to me than your regular 3D outing. Lets hope it all comes out in the wash OK and as you say it cost a few dollars 7 Million in fact to convert up to 3D frame by frame so it needs to deliver on the discs as well. Just over a month to go now we hope.

And talking of True Lies :D off topic. I see we will be getting a final Halloween outing in 2018 which is handy because they may and this is just more speculation team up Thriller 3D with it, that's if the cinema is still showing 3D in a years time?

We expect a run of sequels, prequels and hopefully some new fresh story's on screen in 2018 but my 2017 film wise has been made complete seeing T2 rebooted in 3D and for me looking better than ever and a thank you to Mr Cameron and the whole team for making the magic happen.

T2 holds many memories for so many of us even beyond LaserDisc time, with the black magic box and the gold plate one it has always been a precious thing of beauty and pretty timeless even though it was from the future;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The same goes for other flicks which have alternate editions, it annoys me to often find the UHD disc only contains the theatrical cut, makes me think they are holding stuff back for a second release at some future point.

As far as T2 is concerned, count on it.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I think this was probably scheduled to only include the TC at the beginning. But fearing backlash, StudioCanal included the other cuts unrestored, only to generate more backlash. That's what you get when you listen to internet ramblings and think bullet points make break or sale for such a strong catalog title.

I have both the 4K and 2D and 3D and DVD and I have to say apart from the DVD for obvious reason, this release is miles ahead of the old one. They probably would have been better not including the other cuts, or just as deleted scenes bonuses on their own.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Do we have an actual announcement of the 3D disc being region B locked or is it an assumption based on StudioCanal’s history?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do we have an actual announcement of the 3D disc being region B locked or is it an assumption based on StudioCanal’s history?

The German and UK discs have both been tested and confirmed as B-locked.
I'm still waiting to hear about the AUS disc which is distributed by Sony/Universal -- by history I suspect it will be locked since they only have territorial rights and not wide rights.
None of the Asian Reg A countries have announced a release, but the theatrical release was much later there so it may be the spring.

The India T2 disc is also listed on Ebay as region free, but nobody has it in hand to test it yet. Same with Valerian, but at least there is a Region A Hong Kong disc to fall back on

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
The German and UK discs have both been tested and confirmed as B-locked.
I'm still waiting to hear about the AUS disc which is distributed by Sony/Universal -- by history I suspect it will be locked since they only have territorial rights and not wide rights.
None of the Asian Reg A countries have announced a release, but the theatrical release was much later there so it may be the spring.

The India T2 disc is also listed on Ebay as region free, but nobody has it in hand to test it yet. Same with Valerian, but at least there is a Region A Hong Kong disc to fall back on

Thank you!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1st Report of AUS 3D release -- region B locked on 2D and 3D disc.

India disc appears now releasing 12/15, I'll relay the information ASAP
Still no reports of if/when Korea/HK/Japan will have a release

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Received my 3D Steelbook and it does say REGION B on the back of it, but we watch it tonight so I will double check the disc you never know.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Got my T2 already. I found the 3D surprisingly good. Very pleased with it.

When the desolate, devastated landscape of future L.A. appeared at the opening with the text "L.A. 2029" I thought t myself "OMG... that's only a dozen years from now!" :eek:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When the desolate, devastated landscape of future L.A. appeared at the opening with the text "L.A. 2029" I thought t myself "OMG... that's only a dozen years from now!" :eek:

We really need to enjoy what time we have left.

screenshot_2015-12-06_16.07.49.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I forgot to cancel my order. I just received it as well but in no hurry to watch it. Glad to hear the 3D is decent and looking forward to more reviews.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Being a Termy devotee throughout the series I take little winning over but what I will say having enjoyed all of the films is..
THIS 3D BLU-RAY AS PRETTY DARN AWSOME!!! :dancing-banana-04: We had a wonderful day going to the cinema to see
'The Man who invented Christmas' returning home to watch Terminator 2 3D and I do love the steelbook which now sits with its others pals.
For me it was a gorgeous 3D watch and although some messing around with the BR 3D release date I will say thank you to StudioCanal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got my T2 already. I found the 3D surprisingly good. Very pleased with it.

We really need to enjoy what time we have left.
I'd be surprised if we have that long.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Will its usually the other way round for UK 3D fans importing from the USA sorry to say but we Brits overcome everything region A ;)
Multi region 3D players are a must now it seems.

Watched T23D again with some friends and they also loved it, looks like a winner on 3D Blu-Ray to me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Similar update as Valerian.

India possibly region free discs was supposed to be released/shipped Dec 15, but apparently the India distributor was served legal papers over that issue by Lionsgate or StudioCanal as I understand things and the release is currently on hold.

Novanm (Korea) announced on one of their social media pages intention to release in 2018. Minimal details but this is a region A country and I think confirmed 3D and/or Steelbook. I haven't read anything about a 4K/3D combo pack anywhere other than Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks