What's new

Terminator 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

supersonic395

Auditioning
Real Name
Marlon Kamboh
HDvision said:
French Mag LAL apparently reviewed a test disc and says it's definetely a new master :)
Nice.
Do you have a source/link to the review? Moreover, did they give it a good review (technically A/V wise?)

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
It's in print, not online. Someone reported it to me. I'll check it out at the store tomorrow and let you know. I'm sure the new color scheme will be much discussed on internet boards ;)

supersonic395

Auditioning
Real Name
Marlon Kamboh
HDvision said:
It's in print, not online. Someone reported it to me. I'll check it out at the store tomorrow and let you know. I'm sure the new color scheme will be much discussed on internet boards ;)
I like the new colour scheme :D (it reminds me of the amazing Aliens blu ray).
Anyhow, that's much appreciated man :)
(Of course some people will rage at the new colour grade).

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The youtube trailer, badly compressed, and with some shots zoomed, didn't help / will not help. I can't wait to check it, my copy is shipping next week, steelbook from amazon.fr. Even thought I usually can get Blu for review for free, I make a point of buying every Cameron release.

supersonic395

Auditioning
Real Name
Marlon Kamboh
My copy will be arriving this Friday or Saturday. Also cannot wait to check it out.:D (Look forward to see if any changes have been made to the audio....doubt it though).

NagysAudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Norbert
And here's the full comparison between the Lowry/Lightstorm 4K remaster (2012 UK/EU Blu-ray) and the old U.S. Blu-ray:
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147851
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147849
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147847
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147840
In one word: INCREDIBLE!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
There are only two Terminator movies I am concerned with replacing right now. The original Terminator for now is not one of them. I am looking to upgrade Terminator 2 to a lossless version and I would love to see Terminator 3 get a DTS-HD MA track, maybe even both getting a 7.1 mix?
What is everyone else thoughts on T-2 getting a 7.1 mix or is 5.1 enough even though many of us here have 7.1 systems.
Also what do you think about a new release of T3 with a 7.1 audio track ?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I definitely like what I see in the new scans and maybe I might pick up the new bluray, but money is so tight right now.

Van Ling

Insider
Folks: I was not involved in this new release at all and I have not seen it. Not sure if I can even view a UK Blu-ray on my end. But I rely on your eyes and ears here on the HTF to tell me what's on it or what's NOT on it... ;-) And if there's no original mono track included, then I sure didn't have anything to do with the disc... I think that should definitely be included on any T1 release.
Thanks,
V

Jerome

Second Unit
here another comparaison between the Us Blu-ray and the European disc
http://www.ecranlarge.com/dvd_review-list-14807.php
Does someone know for sure James Cameron was involved in this new transfer ?
And are we sure this a new 4K transfer done by Lowry ?
I can't find any evidence of these informations

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
You can view this disc Van, if you get a region free version, I believe the UK one is region free. Someone reported to me this was presented by Fox as a new transfer "Cameron approved", but only in private, to the retailers information, but like Jerome, I can't find any proof, not even in the private access for journalists only Fox Blu-ray promotion site.

The transfer does look tremendous, I just don't get why there was no clear communication on it, nor was the trailer edited to highlight the new transfer "digitally remastered" could mean anything and nothing, why did no one was clear and precise about the info? Why keep everybody confused and in the dark, and release this at the same time as US releases of the same old master? Who knows.

I'm glad it's a fresh look at the movie thought, I can see Sarah drinks Canada Dry in the Tech Noir club, I really never noticed before. Also the painting on Bill Paxton's face. Awesome.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Hi Van,
Now that a new transfer has been done and released in some regions (coming to U.S. in Feb) for Terminator, any word on T2?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks