Terk Triple LNB vs. Phillips Triple LNB

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Alan Gordon, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Auditioning

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between these two dishes, if any?! Best Buy has both of these dishes for the same $99 price tag.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Alan

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

I can tell you that the terk (as well as the other brand of triple lnb I've seen so far that I can't remember which one it is) come with integrated 4 port multiswitches, necessitating a multiswitch with a tone generator if you want to use more then 4 outputs. I would guess they're all pretty similar, though.

3. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Auditioning

On BestBuy.com, the Phillips' LNB is listed as a "Integrated triple LNB", while the Terk's LNB is listed as "Multiroom", and I don't really know if there is any difference or if it is just two different ways of saying the same thing...

I must admit that I'm not sure of what you were saying (my bad), but my plan, however, is to hook up two regular receivers, and one High Definition receiver, and then split the signal of one two of the receivers to two rooms. I may want to add another later, but that is all for now.

Thanks!
    ~Alan

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

5. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Since you're only using 3 outputs, you won't need any extra equipment, assuming you get one with a built in multiswitch, which I think all the triple lnb dishes that I've seen have.