Terk Multi-switch with Dish Network

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Pat_K, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Pat_K

Pat_K Auditioning

I am a current DISH Network customer with a newly finished theater room in my basement. I already have 2 TV's hooked up (with a dual LNB antenna) so I'm maxed out. DISH now offers a quad LNB but I don't want to run anymore coax. I know several DirectTV customers who have successfully split the line from the antenna with a Terk Multi-switch. I did some research on the Terk splitter but everything I find mentions DirectTV and never DISH. Does anyone know if it will work with DISH Network? I have the DISH 500 antenna and it has two cables from each LNB. A total of 4 cables come inside my house where they connect to two DISH reducers. Each has one output that goes to the individual TV's. The Terk splitter requires two inputs from the satellite antenna, not four, but I was going to install the Terk after the DISH reducers.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Those "reducers" are SW-21 switches. They are responsible for switching between satellites when you change channels. Dish uses low baud rate data to signal the SW-21 to switch. DirecTV uses a 22Khz tone to signal it's multi-switches to make the switch. Since they use completely different technology, they are not interchangeable.

What you need is an SW-44 or SW-64 switch if they are still available. Check Ebay, online Dish retailers and some of the dedicated satellite forums for used equipment. All of the new Dish stuff is DishPro equipment that used stacked signals.

-Robert

3. Pat_K

Pat_K Auditioning

Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can find the switches you mentioned.[​IMG]