What's new

Tenspeed and Brownshoe Finally (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Coming in March From Mill Creek. Now I know these inexpensive Sets (Just bought Wiseguy for $5 at target) and hedgy quality, but if I can get the Disks and rip the shows to my Apple TV I'll be grateful. Never thought this one would come out. Really liked this short lived series.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was a "swell" series as well. But let's face it: Any series which co-starred Jeff Goldblum in 1980 (!) *has* to be considered ahead of its time.

The series was produced by Stephen J. Cannell ("The Rockford Files", "Hunter", "Greatest Amercan Hero") who even wrote nine of the 14 episodes, so it had a solid "quirky PI" heritage. It was actually a pretty solid hit for the (then) ratings-deprived ABC network, so it was pretty much a shock to all involved when it wasn't renewed.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I think it was cancelled mainly due to money issues, ratings wise it was doing well I wonder if this will inclue the Pilot which I think was an ABC Movie of the Week.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
on my to buy list for sure. Thanks Mill Creek for making these series available at an inexpensive price.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Such good on-screen chemistry between the two leads, a great pity it ended almost before it really began, I too think it was ahead of its time. Soon this sort of partner thing became very popular, with Simon & Simon. Anyway, it's actually 30 years old this year having been filmed in '79, I always tend to go by production year rather than release year. But it's good to see it's coming as it's been a long time since I've seen it, only have the pilot but remember absolutely loving this show.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
the pricing of the show is cheap as well. It is good to see some of these not so popular shows being released.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Jeff Goldblum had'nt had much success on TV before he landed on the pretty stable L& O Franchise. I actually liked his previous series Raines, in it Jeff Communicated with the Victim in the Homicide to Solve the crime , it was quirky and fun, and unfortunately another one cancelled before its time.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

Jeff Goldblum had'nt had much success on TV before he landed on the pretty stable L& O Franchise. I actually liked his previous series Raines, in it Jeff Communicated with the Victim in the Homicide to Solve the crime , it was quirky and fun, and unfortunately another one cancelled before its time.
I loved Raines too! I wish it had started out on USA; it probably would have fared better on cable than on NBC. As a big Goldblum and Steven J. Cannell fan, I'll be picking up Tenspeed for sure.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
If Wikipedia is correct, CBS owns the pilot and could not come to an agreement with Mill Creek for its use. Too bad. The pilot was nominated for an Edgar Award. Because this is so inexpensive, and because I'm a big Goldblum and Cannell fan, I'll still pick this up, but I'm disappointed.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah really bad news about the pilot not being on there you kinda need it to establish the series, I guess MC could not pony up the $$$ Neccessary to include it, I gladly would have paid more for the set had it been included.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Any reviews of the DVDs? Complete episodes? Music substitutions? Just wondering if I should buy this or stick with my off-air records that are a combination of ABC and syndication.

Ron_B

Grip
You can find it pretty cheap (In fact, I just saw it last week at Big Lots for $5) so it sure can't hurt to have both if you're a fan. I found a copy of the pilot online and put it on DVD and added it to the sleeved discs in my set to complete the series.

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Any reviews of the DVDs? Complete episodes? Music substitutions? Just wondering if I should buy this or stick with my off-air records that are a combination of ABC and syndication.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ron_B

You can find it pretty cheap (In fact, I just saw it last week at Big Lots for $5)

That's where I bought mine a few months ago. Yes, I wish they could've included the pilot, for for $5.00, who can be choosy?!

As far as I can tell, the episodes appear to be complete and unlike some of the 'big boys' who take the lazy way out with alternate opening titles sequences, I counted at least three or four different credits sequences on these episodes before they finally settled on a permanent one! If this had been CBS or one of the other larger companies who do more remastering, we'd probably have gotten cleaner copies, but only one credits sequence cut-n-pasted onto all the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks