What's new

Tensioned or not tensioned pull down screen (1 Viewer)

Chris Fla

Auditioning
Due to my room setup, I must go with a pull down style screen. From searching through old posts here I see that some people regret getting a manual pull down due to waves or ripples in the screen which produce shadows. I would like to know how common this problem is because a tensioned screen is definitely beyond my budget. I want to hear about your experiences (good and bad) on this. Tell me which make and model you used. Maybe some are better than others? I read some are backed with fiberglass. Does that help? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
I use the Da-Lite matte white 67" x 38" 16:9 (Model B) that came bundled with my Panasonic PT-L200U. It is as bare-bones as you can get in a pull down screen. I do not notice any waves or ripples. Maybe a larger screen would be more susceptible to these problems. I have it mounted to pull down in front of my RPTV, so it gets rolled up after each use. In the 6-1/2 weeks I have had it I would estimate that it has been pulled down/rolled up around 45 times (just about every day).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks