Tennis training aid, ball attached to elastic string - where to buy?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MickeS, Nov 4, 2003.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I recently moved to a place with a tennis court. Problem is, I don't play tennis and don't really have anyone to play with yet.

I used to have a tennis training aid when I was little, that I thought might be good practice for me now. It had a piece of heavy rubber for a base, roughly 1x1 foot and maybe 4 inches high, with a long elastic rubber string attached to the top. The other side of the elastic string had a tennis ball attached to it. It was basically so you could play and practice tennis by yourself. It waasn't 100% realistic, but it was a lot of fun. I didn't even play tennis back then, I just hit this thing all the time because it was fun.

So, now I've been looking for something like this online, with no luck so far. Does anyone here know where I could find one? I don't really know where to look, or even what they're called. The tennis training aids I found were nothing like what I'm looking for.

I'd appreciate the help a lot. [​IMG]

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Nobody knows huh? Well, I still haven't found one, so if anyone knows, let me know. [​IMG]

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I admit, I did a google search and didn't really find anything that seams to match exactly what you describe. I saw something that looks like a baseball trainer with a pole on a mount with a ball that simply spins around from a tether attached to the top of the pole... Do a search for "+tennis +trainer" and you'll find a bunch of different links, some from the UK though.

If you're handy, you can probably make one!

Jay

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Ted, I thought so too, but the store I looked in here didn't have it, and so far I've had no luck finding one online either, just found those that you link to (thanks, though [​IMG]). I did find one in a UK webshop, like Jay did.

I didn't even think of using the word "trainer" in my search... duh.
    Thanks to Jay's suggestion to search for "+tennis +trainer" I actually found a similar one, but it's smaller and the base doesn't look as heavy: http://www.tennistrainer.com/trainingaids2.html
    Unless I find a heavier one, I think I'll give this one a shot.

Thanks. [​IMG]