What's new

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
In addition to the freeze, I did notice an odd flicker once in awhile. This morning I spot checked the bad spot and it played without issue, then I saw the flicker, jumped back to go frame by frame and it didn't repeat. Definitely something odd with Sony's player, methinks.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If you haven’t done it in a while, maybe check their site for a firmware update.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The player I've got is only a couple of months old, a Sony UPB-X800M2, and these freezing issues seem prevalent in the format.
Yes, the Sony X800-M2 has some quirks, but (knock on wood) I have not had as many lock ups or freezes as I did with the prior model, the X800. One thing you can try is to turn Quick Start Mode to OFF in System Settings. This will start the player in something closer to a cold boot when starting up rather than a very warm boot if Quick Start mode is on.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I redeemed my digital code (finally) and do want to pass along that the digital version on Movies Anywhere, Apple TV, and Vudu (at least) are all fixed aspect ratio of 2.20:1.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I redeemed my digital code (finally) and do want to pass along that the digital version on Movies Anywhere, Apple TV, and Vudu (at least) are all fixed aspect ratio of 2.20:1.

Thanks for the confirmation - figured this would be the case as that what Nolan’s done on previous films.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I was watching The Hobbit 4k on my Sony player last night and had another lockup about 2.5 hours in. Took the disc out and put it in my PS5 and there was no issue. Put it back in the Sony player and it played fine. Their standalone players are just crappy.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I figured they’ll price match. My curbside pickup at BB took about five minutes as I gone out to pick up some takeout food too.

I had a $5 Rewards credit, so I got it at BB too. $16.28 out the door. Will be picking it up today or tomorrow.

Dennis Gallagher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis T. Gallagher
Some here might be amused to learn that this was the first movie in my almost 40 years of home theaters to get the police called on me for disturbing the peace. I'm unsure now when - or how - I'll get around to watching the final 48 minutes of the movie.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Some here might be amused to learn that this was the first movie in my almost 40 years of home theaters to get the police called on me for disturbing the peace. I'm unsure now when - or how - I'll get around to watching the final 48 minutes of the movie.
"Turn down them subwoofers! It's too damn loud!"

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby

Did you think the film was worth it?

In happier times, when my wife goes out for her book club, i have a film night for a few friends. I always try to select a noisy movie (or one with a good rock soundtrack) and turn the sound up as much as possible. Best ones so far are (were!) Olympus Has Fallen, War Dogs, and Dunkirk.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It’s no coincidence that one of the largest makers of custom in ear monitors for performing musicians is Westone. Who started out making hearing aids.

I love my Westone UM Pro 50s. They block out so much noise I end up listening to music at about 85db, which is much lower than most who use standard earbuds that have to overcome ambient noise and get to well over 100dbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks