What's new

Tenet (2020) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Saw it tonight and loved it. Still trying to figure it all out. I will go and see it a second time, maybe in IMAX, but I will definitely request the closed captioned device at my second viewing.

It is by far, the loudest movie I have ever seen. I've got an app on my phone that purports to measure db levels and it peaked at 109 during the last segment of the film.

When I saw it 1st at the AMC LieMAX, volume level was fine - don't recall it being too loud.

2nd time at Harkins real IMAX in Arizona? LOUD! Had to wear earplugs to make it tolerable!

Also, I must be the only person who didn't struggle to understand the dialogue! :D

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Also, I must be the only person who didn't struggle to understand the dialogue! :D

-3rvhd.gif

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not to impressed with this one. Convoluted for a story that basically boils down to a
guy saving a woman from an abusive controlling husband. The reverse time stuff
just felt contrived to me and pretty well just got in the way of understanding the story. Some dialog was unintelligible from both an auditory POV and an explanatory one. Unintelligible mumbo jumbo for the most part.

Maybe, I will think better of this film on a second viewing but it certainly will not be in a theatre.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Not to impressed with this one. Convoluted for a story that basically boils down to a
guy saving a woman from an abusive controlling husband. The reverse time stuff
just felt contrived to me and pretty well just got in the way of understanding the story. Some dialog was unintelligible from both an auditory POV and an explanatory one. Unintelligible mumbo jumbo for the most part.

Maybe, I will think better of this film on a second viewing but it certainly will not be in a theatre.

The film does play better 2nd time because it's less confusing.

Not that it's not still confusing in some ways, but it's less so.

It's best to view "Tenet" as a Bond movie with some wacky twists. At its core, though, the plot = straight Bond...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw it opening weekend and I enjoyed the film. It is crazy to follow and I would love to see it again too.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just saw it and enjoyed it very much. Most of the dialogue that was important to understand I did. I still do find it annoying however during the points that you can't understand the dialogue.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The smaller IMAX which I refuse to call LIEMAX because it is actually officially from IMAX. Things like RPX would be more of a LIEMAX since it is basically just ripping IMAX off.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Saw Tenet again, this time in IMAX. This film really delivers on the mid bass slam you get from some IMAX films.
Wow, two days in a row, nice! Was it more enjoyable on the second viewing? I've only gone once, but did enjoy it for the most part.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is definitely not worth risking your life. They asked us to risk our lives with covid for this? And for their own benefit?

This is a bad James Bond movie with people walking backwards. :blink: (This is the nicest thing I can say about this movie)

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
This is definitely not worth risking your life. They asked us to risk our lives with covid for this? And for their own benefit?

This is a bad James Bond movie with people walking backwards. :blink: (This is the nicest thing I can say about this movie)
No Sam. I’ve always been able to follow the plots in every James Bond and there’s never been sexual violence in a Bond. I really found Tenet hard to follow and came away wondering what the hell it was about. I’m going to rent it on Blu Ray and watch it again to see if I can make sense of it at home. At least Robert Pattinson was terrific in it so I won’t be totally bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks