What's new

Tenet (2020) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, with the new forum it is not possible to have 2 threads of the same movie. So you have to be careful not to break up things or create threads of already existing movies. Only one movie thread of the same movie id can exist. We tried the same thing with Jaws. It had a prior thread and it's impossible to add movie information to the latest thread.

It's strange that the info has been erased from this thread too. The movie id right now doesn't show up in the 2 threads but it exists in the void somewhere. This is itself like a Nolan movie. Now these 2 threads are going to both exist and not exist and look ugly forever! :D

Last edited:

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I hope you enjoy it as much as i did. No reliance on green screen/CGI unlike most contemporary big budget films. Chris Nolan is the best of his generation as a filmmaker.

I disagree with you. Nolan is my least favourite film director. His DUNKIRK was woeful in my opinion.The fifties version was far superior.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I watched Dunkirk last week in advance of seeing Tenet. It is one of the very best films i have seen. Nolan puts you at the heart of the action, you feel that you are a participant rather than a distant observer. The scenes with the three Spitfires and the sun glinting over the English Channel are beautiful. A great film and a reference 4k disc. Unlike most directors of contemporary big budget films, Nolan eschews green screen and CGI. I hold him in the highest regard as a filmmaker ( and so does Tarantino!).

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I saw it in IMAX this evening. I'll start by addressing the common complaints about the film:

1) Many have said they missed as much as 50% of the dialogue because of the way the sound was mixed, Having read that ahead of time, I immediately requested one of the closed captioned devices when I arrived at the theater. This was a godsend. I would highly recommend doing this for this particular film. So the dialogue issue was a moot point for me, but I would agree that there are indeed passages that would be difficult to decipher without the CC.

2) I read numerous reviews that cited a convoluted plot. While it certainly made me think (and there were indeed some things I had to read about when I got home), I actually had an easier time following this one than I did Inception. I'm not sure if using the closed captioning device was part of the reason or not, but I think the "confusing plot" complaint is somewhat overblown.

The score and the sound mix were incredible. I was originally thinking I would see it a 2nd time in Dolby Cinema, but I honestly don't know how it could sound any better than what I heard tonight. I'm still going to see it again, but I might just stick with IMAX again.

Overall, it far exceeded my expectations. I think when all the dust settles, this is going to become a cult classic.

A+ 5/5

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I have considered seeing it again in cinema but will wait for the 4k disc. This will enable me to put the subtitles on and rewind as necessary! I thought the running time passed unusually quickly as there was much going on which required concentration. Hopefully if it does decent business theatrically it will encourage other studios to release films.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
It's doing great box-office in Noway. Despite theatres only allowed to fill to half capacity, Tenet is performing as well as blockbusters did before the Covid-19 crisis. The 70 mm showings have been sold out. I plan on seeing it again this weekend, to see if I enjoy it more the second time round, knowing the storyline in advance. I wrote in the other thread that I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Nolan films (too much exposition, confusing plot, dour and humourless leads, incomprehensible dialogue, interminable third act). I might do better this time round with subtitles and finding the clues that I know are there, but that I missed first time.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I saw it on Tuesday and whilst thrilling, I found it very complex and difficult to follow. The complaints about dialogue being difficult to hear are accurate. I missed much of what was said and probably a lot of exposition regarding the time travel rules. I'm going to see it again in about an hour and I hope to pick up a lot of what I missed or didn't understand during the first viewing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I saw it on Tuesday and whilst thrilling, I found it very complex and difficult to follow. The complaints about dialogue being difficult to hear are accurate. I missed much of what was said and probably a lot of exposition regarding the time travel rules. I'm going to see it again in about an hour and I hope to pick up a lot of what I missed or didn't understand during the first viewing.
Careful with the Spoilers please.

Discuss here.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Considering it is Nolan I would be surprised if the dialogue was easy to hear.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I've never understood why someone who writes their own screenplays seems to never want the audience to hear any of it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I saw it Tuesday and it was one hell of a roller coaster ride, but I need to see it again to pick up what I missed, for there was so much going on. A very enjoyable thinking man’s picture.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What spoilers? I didn't spoil anything.
I knew nothing about the film and deliberately avoided trailers. To me this comment is a spoiler.

I missed much of what was said and probably a lot of exposition regarding the time travel rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks