What's new

Tenchu 4 on Xbox?!? (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I didn't even know there were rumors of this, but Tenchu 4 on Xbox in 2004?

snip:

More ninja action is set to strike on the Xbox with Activision's announcement of Tenchu: Return from Darkness. Building on Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven for the PlayStation 2, Tenchu: Return from Darkness boasts updated design and technical enhancements, new maps and features and support for Xbox Live.

Set in the late 1570's, one year after the original Tenchu, Tenchu: Return from Darkness allows players to assume the role of the ninjas Rikimaru, Ayame or the mysterious Tesshu as they battle the evil Tenrai and his six lords of darkness. As silent assassins, players must use cunning, strategy, deadly stealth and an arsenal of weapons to overcome dangerous missions and defend the Japanese countryside from Tenrai's armies.

Tenchu: Return from Darkness will feature three gameplay modes including single-player, two-player (versus and co-op) and Xbox Live. The title will also include 11 stages of gameplay in the story mode with two new single player maps, as well as six multiplayer levels. Additionally, the game will feature all new cut-scenes, enemy layouts and will allow players to hone their ninja skills before embarking on deadly missions in the new training mode.

The title will support Xbox Live, allowing for two-player co-op missions through all six multiplayer levels as well as voice chat functionality for those who choose to break the code of silence. Players can also engage in simultaneous stealth kills as the online ninjas make their way through each danger-filled stage.

Tenchu: Return from Darkness is scheduled for an early Spring 2004 release.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I wouln't call it #4. It sounds more like an updated version of Wrath of Heaven.

-Dave

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
It's really an expanded version of Tenchu: WOH on the PS2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The online play might be a selling point, but there's not enough to warrant a first-day purchase (not for me anyway). I'm a fan of the Tenchu series, so I will pick this up when it's discounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks