Tenacious D ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Sievers, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'm a big Jack Black fan but haven't really listened to any of Tenacious D's music aside from "Tribute" which I loved. They are playing in Sydney in a couple of weeks (which is about an hour from me). Is it worth checking them out live? Or should I pass?

EDIT: Sorry, should have used the Search function first. There is a thread a couple of month's old about the same thing. I will try to get tickets if I can convince a mate to go with me.

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

If you think seeing Spinal Tap live is fun (I do) then Tenacious D is well worth the money.

3. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

IMO, the only way to really experience Jack Black and Kyle Gass is live. The CD and music videos just don't catch the whole jist of Tenacious D. So, yes, definitely go see them live!

I'm pretty sure they allow fans to bring tape recorders and cameras to their shows. It sure would be swell to get a new concert to listen to!

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

You can also find people willing to trade live shows on the 'net of The D. The 9/28/2001 show is a great one to start. So is 7/22/2000.