What's new

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
First, let me say, I'm a fan of the "D" and I've seen them play small venues and I've got all the HBO shows from the small bits at the end of "Mr. Show" to their own shows.

Tenacious D the Pick off Destiny may be the movie with the single worst commercials I've ever seen. I've always said commercials give away too much. But in the case of this film, if you watch the commercials you will think this is some sort of zany crazy-skit film. And, while it has those moments, what this film really is would be best defined as a Rock-Opera Musical.

From interaction with dad (aptly played by Meatloaf) I think a lot of people are going to go into this expecting a far different film then they are going to get, because it's pretty obvious afteer the first act this is a rock musical that's funny; not a comedy that uses music as a crutch.

If you're a fan of Tenacious D, I think you'll find the characters exactly as you remember them. Jack Black's character is still at his heart a character who believes he is the greatest rocker of all time, and plays the role of an ego obsessed rock star pretty well. Kyle plays like the loyal sidekick always along for the ride.

I enjoyed it. There are some segments that could have been trimmed up, but it's definitely good to see the D on the big screen.

B

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Im also a fan, I have the album but havent had time to listen to it aside from playing in the background. I had to turn it off cause of all the swears, my daughter is about 18 months and starting to repeat things now. My guess is that it would serve as some sort of soundtrack to the movie. Not really a Concept album I dont think, but Im excited to see the movie. Unfortunately, I dont go to the movies anymore, so I wait till its out on DVD. Thanks for the heads up about it being a Rock Opera, I figured it was gonna be like the HBO shows.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ive listened to the whole album so far. it was good, but not nearly as good as their first album.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks