What's new

Ten Commandments : Se (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This three-disc set streets on March 9th and includes a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 and mono soundtracks, new audio commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of "Written In Stone: The Making Of The Ten Commandments," a six-part documentary, still gallery and 1956,1966 and 1989 theatrical trailers. Retail will cost you but a mere $19.95 retail.
Paramount is doing a great job on classics.

Wonderful news, does this mean that TTC will be split over two discs ?

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I also have been meaning to pick this up for the longest time and am now glad I never got around to it. This looks to be a very nice set at a very reasonable price. As mentioned above, Paramount continues to do outstanding work :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I haven't revisited it in a long time, but the 1999 transfer was certainly very nice for its day. I wonder how it holds up now?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Count me in! When I got the 2-tape 35th Anniversary Edition some years back (the one in the red slipcover), that one was packed out for a VHS release, though it did have some cool trailers. (Of course, they tried to fool everyone by re-releasing it a few years after that as the 40th Anniversary Edition, just the same extras only.) Now we're getting this new DVD - sounds like a winner in my book!

If only Paramount would give the same, if not better, treatment to Titanic...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm very happy with the current version, the transfer is great, so I will not be purchasing this new one. And it's already anamorphic.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
With the addition of an audio commentary and a six part documentary this is top of my want list for 2004. I love these classic epic films! I saw it road-shown in the 'fifties as a youngster and was totally amazed at the parting of the Red Sea and the other special effects. If only Charlton Heston could do an introduction - that would be icing on the cake.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I will pick this up because it is one of my favorite movies of all time, but this release really needed to hear from Mr. Heston. I can't see him doing a commentary but I can at least see him doing an interview. Also, exerpts from his autobiography that deal with TTC would have been nice. The potential for extras on this release could have been plentiful. I still have an old Cinemagic magazine that explains how the special effects were done! Jeez, they could have used that!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I hope the six part documentary includes interviews with the surviving cast members. In addition to Heston, Yvonne De Carlo, Nina Foch and Debra Paget are still very much with us and their input would be appreciated.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Any news on a new transfer? I've already got the current two disk which has a great transfer. If it is an improved version, I'd buy.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The current dvd does look and sound fabulous. Like others have asked, it would be great to get confirmation whether or not this new SE will be a remastered or restored transfer????

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I'll hold off. I have the current version already and am more than satisfied with it. Sorry Paramount.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Yes. The book Wide Screen Movies: A History and Filmography of Wide Guage Filmmaking lists the following aspect ratios for Vista Vision (1956 Vista Vision 8-perf horizontal film transport): Release Prints (cropped) 1.66:1, 1.85:1, and 2:1 and uncropped: 1.50:1 with squared corners.

Since The Ten Commandments DVD was released in 1.85:1 I'm guessing that was the OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks