Tempest vs. Audiobahn ALUM15X

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duane_Thomas, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Duane_Thomas

Duane_Thomas Auditioning

Hello,
    I'm interested in buying an Audiobahn ALUM15X from this site for less than $150 shipped. I picked this driver because of its Tempest like qualities, low Fs, low price, and high Xmax. However, I'm worried that the listed specs are maybe not up the Dumax standards.
    Could one of you who has some knowledge or experience with these drivers please lend some advice?
    Thanks,
    Duane
    P.S. Any Crest LT owners know if those particular units are capable or bridged operation into 3 ohms?

2. Jeremy_Wolf

Jeremy_Wolf Agent

Duane, that should be an excellent speaker to use in a sealed enclosure and twice as good if you did a linkwitz transform on it. I am currently running 3 of the audiobahn alum12s in my house in linkwitz transform and am very pleased with the results.

3. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Actually if I remembered correctly the Audiobahn 1571 actually had better specs though I wasn't impressed with the build quality when I saw it in person (they didn't remove the extra flash on the basket but even worse the dealer didn't have it hooked up or setup).

The Alum drivers do look kick ass imho.