Tempest Vented Alignment Project

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Kuhns, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Adam Kuhns

Adam Kuhns Extra

Now that I've been pointed in the right direction in the amp department I'm ready to move on. Since this is my first DIY project, I don't have a list of materials to go by. Is there anything else I will need besides an enclosure, the driver, the amp, the polyfill, the wiring and the ports?

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

That sound like everything you need other than PVC cement to glue the ports together.

3. Robin Smith

Robin Smith Stunt Coordinator

Depending on the type of enclosure you will need wood glue (if making a box).

You also want some caulk to seal the sub as best as possible. As well, you'll need spray adhesive if you plan on lining it with batting of some kind.

You'll need things like machine screws, t-nuts, nails and such for attaching everything to evrything else. And you'll need finish: paint, lacquer, stain, whatever you decide on.

These are "everyday" items that can be picked up from your local hardware store.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Feel free to peruse my webpage on building a MDF cabinet enclosure for a different (SVS) driver. There's a list of stuff I used, plus construction photos.
    http://www.io.com/~patman/sbs.html