What's new

Tempest Sub with PR's - Adire PR-15, or Stryke HE15PR's? (1 Viewer)

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
The Stryke PR's are able to displace a lot more volume. But with 2, do I really need the extra sweep of the Strykes? Or would I be better off getting the HE15PR's since they are half the price of the Adire PR's? Also, with 2 PR's & a tune of 18hz, how big does the box need to be? I can't seem to model PR's in WinISD & also can't get the LSPCad to download to my computer properly (anybody that can help with this?). Thanks in advance. . . .

JerryD

Grip
Tyson,
Running LSPCad will answer most of your questions. If you are having trouble downloading a copy and if your e-mail system can handle 1 meg sized attachments, send me an e-mail and I will send you a copy of it. I am evaluating a design with a tempest and the Lambda PRs.
Jerry in Westminster, Colorado
[email protected]

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
I think you are confused a little with which PRs are which. The comparable PRs from Stryke to the Adire PR-15 are the SA-PR15-####. Both PRs will function just fine, with the Stryke PR having a little softer suspension which is often claimed to yeild slightly better performance. The SA-PR15 also appears to have a little more useable travel, but we're splitting hairs here. One nice benefit that Stryke has for the less ambitious is being able to order the PRs with the needed mass rather than having to weigh and attach the mass yourself. I can myself vouch for the robustness of the Stryke PRs, but the actual benefits of the build quality in typical use is debateable. If cosmetics are of interest to you, Stryke is looking into offering a polished aluminum surfacing for the PRs, which could look quite cool in certain apps.
As for the HE-15 PRs, these are more expensive than the other 2 PRs mentioned here, and their main benefit is in very high mass capability, and very long excursion. If the box is very small, tuning very low, and output high, these are realy somethin. They also look pretty mean.
Mark Seaton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks