Tempest SBB4 Subwoofer Complete! Pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Joe Mihok, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

Anyways, I basically painted the sub and added the 3FP's today and the project is finally completed. Instead of making a brand new post, I figure I'll just link to my web site where I have all of the pics up. Anyways, thanks to all who helped with great advice! I couldn't have done this project without the HTF DIY section. You guys rock!

I still haven't purchased an SPL metre yet but I will this weekend. I really have to. I just purchased AVIA and it was quite expensive .... and that's basically the reason I've been holding off on the RatShak metre. I'll post some SPL measurments as soon as I can. It's safe to say that readings aside, this thing really pressurizes my large loft, and then some [​IMG].

http://www.garagelan.com/showthread....6484#post26484

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

Looks good, the paint turned out very nice[​IMG] So it is a big improvement over the old ports?

3. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

I notice way more output in Matrix Revolutions. I've heard that the movie has a ton of 30 hz stuff so I assume it's producing alot of the mid-bass response much better than before. Also, during the 20 hz test tone, I get no more port noise [​IMG] . Overall I'm VERY happy [​IMG]. Thanks for your help GrahamT, you've helped me with some good advice throughout my project.

4. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

You're welcome. Glad to help out and I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

5. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

Oh, one last question. I'm using my Kenwood AVR ro power the sub. I have it set to 8 OHM on the back of the reciever. There is also an option for "less than 8OHM". Should I set it to that instead ? I'm powering both vioce coils independantly.

6. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

If you are powering each voice coil independently then you should be fine.

The Tempest has two (2) 8ohm voice coils so you are in the green.