What's new

Tempest frequency graph (1 Viewer)

David_Merrow

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any spl graphs of the vented designs for the Tempest on the Adire website. Which one of the three designs would be best for 75/25 music/movie.
thanks
David

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
David, it depends on what type of music you listen to but without knowing that I would recommend either the EBS or Adire alignment. EBS will be the better of the two but at the expense of a larger enclosure.
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70
[Edited last by Kyle Richardson on November 01, 2001 at 12:24 PM]

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
check out my site for a SPL plot of a 250 Liter / 18 hz tune.
------------------
http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

David_Merrow

Stunt Coordinator
With my brothers also using it, there will pretty much be all kinds of music being played. Can anyone explain what the Q value is for. That way I have a way of knowing what I am looking for. Also, how thick should the walls be in a traditional cube style.
thanks

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
David in general Q is a proxy for the sound of the sub... subs with a Q of .707 are generally considered a good ballence beween performace and sound quality with lower Q's being prefered for music.
As far as wall thickness it depends partially on how much internal bracing you're doing. Generally though I'd do at least 1" on all walls with 1.5" on the driver and port side
------------------
http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
My Tempest design is similar to Andrews at 225 liters tuned to 19Hz. and sounds great too.
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks