1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tempest equivalent in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ShaneH, Apr 24, 2002.

1. ShaneH

ShaneH Stunt Coordinator

I'm finally planning to build a sub this summer. Can anyone recommend a driver with similar or better performance than the tempest, that is available in Canada. Any Emminence drivers or better that will outperform the tempest in a sonosub application? Price range around $350-$400 Can, and I think I can get a good discount through a fiend of a friend that will drop it into tempest price range. I'm planning on using an old receiver to power it initially. Any advice appreciated. thx

2. Nick_Shah

Nick_Shah Stunt Coordinator

You can order Adire products from Bob Reimer at Creative Sound Solutions. It's based in the Toronto area.
    www.creativesound.ca
    I haven't ordered from him yet, but I plan to in the coming month.
    -Nick

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I've got two tempests on order from bob right now. He gave me a great deal on them and with not having to worry about duty or high shipping fees its a lot less hassle. The only snag right now is that he's waiting to get a new shippment of drivers in from adire who are apparently swampped right now.

4. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know the price of a Tempest in Canadian dollars from Creative Sound?
    I don't mean to steal the post, but I was curious. And besides, you would have probably wanted that question answered anyway [​IMG]

5. ShaneH

ShaneH Stunt Coordinator

Thx for the link, I just sent an email to Bob

6. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

AndrewS email bob and ask for a quote. He was willing to match the 5% off that you can get from the link on HTT's site so take $150US which is MSRP knock off 5 percent, convert to cdn and you'll be pretty close. Shipping is obviously on top of that