What's new

Tempest 65L sealed, done. (1 Viewer)

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
Finished today started in may. This probably is the least popular design for tempest DIY crowd but I did it anyway.

I hooked it up to my HT coz this is what it's for. Man... This is some unholy bass. Shook my house :).. to the foundation. I almost crapped my pants when an explosion went off while I had my head away from the TV fiddling with the amp. That's with amp lvl at 11 o'clock.

K let's leave it at that :)))))

Sub is finished in Honduras mahogany with solid mahogany legs.,. I've used tungoil and urethane 2 coats

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
Umm... after I get a digital camera... Plan is up on adire website. I followed it to a tee.

Jason Monette

Second Unit
If I had it sure, I am in the middle of planning a wedding, so I am one poor man, that is why I am living my DIY Dream through the people on this forum :laugh:

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Andrus, I know what you mean about that first unexpected reaction to some serious bass. I had the end scene of Fight Club on, which my brother reccommended. I hadn't seen it in a long time, so I forgot about that scene and wasn't expecting it at ALL. Seriously, I freaked out. It was great. I thought the house was coming down.

Nothing like hearing REAL bass in your own HT for the first time.

:D

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
I really like da little tempest that could:D

My room acoustics boosts midbass like crazy and the fact that i built a high-Q midbass heavy sub don't help either. PLUS the fact that i forgot to turn off bassboost on the plate amp AND main preamp equalizer didn't help at all...

I had to turn all that off and fiddle with sub positioning using that "ghetto" walk-around-the-room like a zombie method. Now it's much punchier and it integrates much better. Initial bassboosted mud was gone.

I took the pictures with regular 35mm camera-remember those?:D I'll get them developed tomorrow. Then, I'll scan and post them photos.

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
As promised. images... White blotches you see are where I had gotten a bit over zealous with the orbital sander. Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.