What's new

Temp XBOX 360 connection help.. (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Okay.. so here's the situation. My new HDTV is in the service center because it is mysteriously creating these scrolling lines going up the screen. They are fixing it. So temporarily (because I don't want to move my 360) and I don't want to move my 27inch Sony with s-video that I WAS using downstairs, I am going to use our old 19 inch Sanyo tv that only accepts coax. I have an RF modulator we have used in the past to connect to it with a DVD player. However, for some reason my 360 isn't coming on screen with it. I can hear it through my 5.1 receiver, but no picture. I have the TV on the right channel, I've switched the HD cable from HDTV to regular TV, and I've gotten the composite cables connected to the RF modulator. No picture. Is there a difference in RF modulators?? Any help is appreciated.

thanks.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I wonder if it would have something to do with having set up the 360 on the dashboard as being connected to a HDTV. I didn't shut that off before my HDTV went away for a good 7 to 10 business days.

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
the system is not designed to be used with an RF modulator. You're going to have haul your 27inch sony and use the composite connector, unless of course, you have access to a 360 s-video cable.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I was using a 360 s-video cable before that also had the composite video jacks. That's how I had the TV hooked up to the Sony, as the Sony accepts s-video. Is there a difference between the composite cables on the HDTV cable, and the composite cables on the S-video cable? I initially tried to use the s-video cable connection, but the XBOX lit up red in the bottom right hand corner of the power button. I assumed it was because I had the 360 set up internally as connected to an HDTV.

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
I"m not sure why the 360 would light up red because of the video connection you're using. However, if you're using s-video, make sure in your display options you set the 360 to tv mode.

If you decide to use the composite connection on the component/composite standard cables that came with your premium 360, don't forget to set the switch on the cable to tv mode as well.

If the system is still lighting up red, then you could have a problem with the 360 unrelated to video hookup issues.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for your help man. I did get it to work. Apparently not all rf modulators are created equal. But I called MS and they suggested hooking it up through my VCR, which is what I did. And now it works.. but it looks like crap. But it works. I just didn't want to move the 360 or the heavy TV back downstairs for just a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks