What's new

Tell-Tale Head cut? (1 Viewer)

Phil Block

Auditioning
I have been watching the DVD episodes against the tapes of the original airs, and the Tell-Tale Head episode has a few problems. When the mob starts chasing Bart and Homer, the DVD shows an extra second or two of them running through the streets. The tape, however, has quite a few extra lines during Bart's speech (about ten seconds worth), and there are a few other seconds that don't match after that. I haven't compared the first DVD episode or the last two DVD episodes, yet, but all the rest match.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
YES!!! I KNEW IT!!!
I remember seeing that episode on DVD and when it came to the end with the mob I distinctly remember that Bart gave a speech about the Springfieldians were also guilty of taking their heritage for granted or something like that. This is not on the DVD however.
------------------
A Little Slice of Heaven
[Edited last by HenrikTull on September 28, 2001 at 07:01 AM]

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
On the commentary track they explain that certain things were changed after original airings for re-broadcast. I don't think they got into specifics, though.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
"Changed for rebroadcast" probably means all the snips they make for the syndicated run so that more commercials can be larded into each half-hour block.
Did they really put these cut, syndicated versions on disc? If so, what in the hell for?

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Here's a list of all the season one cuts for syndication:
http://www.snpp.com/episodes/scg-1.txt
The scene in question appears to have been cut for the second airing of the episode, rather than for syndication (hence the term "changed for rebroadcast"). Why they didn't include it on the DVD, I don't know. Going over the list, it looks like this is the only cut that made it to the DVD...all the other episodes appear to be intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks