Tell my why I should wait on a Yamaha v2600

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MattJensen, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MattJensen

MattJensen Auditioning

Ok, I wasn't ready for a new receiver but my Yamaha 5490 is starting to crap out on me. It’s about 4 years old so I can't complain that much. After doing a lot of reading I have decided on the V2600.

Before I pull the trigger and get this unit, I want to know why I should wait. Is there something around the corner this unit doesn't have or support that would make me want a new unit?

Don't get me wrong I always want the bells and whistles but I haven't kept up with enough of the new technology coming to make a wise decision.

Thanks for your help Matt

2. MattJensen

MattJensen Auditioning

Is it worth it to wait till a unit suports HDMI 1.3. The Tv that I am looking at is the Toshiba 50HP66. I can not find any where what the specs are on the HDMI.

3. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Matt - I would wait until fall/winter, as the next lineup of receivers may support Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD over HDMI 1.3.

But don't worry if your reciever is HDMI 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 compliant. Here is what the Marketing Group at HDMI Licensing said in an interview last week:

4. MattJensen

MattJensen Auditioning

thanks for the information that is just what I was looking for. I think that I will wait till fall/winter or as long as I can before my unit craps out. As it is not I had to rewire everything to use a different optical input for TV audio.

5. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

There are no HDMI 1.3 compliant TV's on the market, and I wouldn't expect many of the new features (deep colour, etc) to be implemented until mid/late 2007. Don't worry about if the Toshiba is HDMI 1.1 or 1.2 compliant - there will be no difference between the two standards in regards to televisions, except for new capabilities for connecting PC's. Long story short - don't wait on the TV purchase, the current products on the market are excellent!

The next question is if you would like to purchase a TV capable of displaying 1080p (True HD).

6. MattJensen

MattJensen Auditioning

I am really looking for the best Tv in 50" that doesn't cost me 8K. haha

I really need the 50" due to the size of the room. 16+ feet from the wall