What's new

Tell me if I'm wrong (1 Viewer)

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting ready( Today) to drop some serious cash on a Sony KDF-60XBR950.

My living room is two stories high with many windows. Minimal Light Control and desire for no burn-in, plus I want the best picture, drove this decision.

Anyone out there think I should go with something else? or agree with my choice?

Yeah I know, I'm being needy
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

But, hey, what are forums for?
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I love that set. I have been looking at the 70" model. I too have asked about it with ne response. My only concern would be will you have direct light hitting it? I have the sun that rises into my living room through my sliding glass door but I have a good blind to knock it out. Besides I'm only there that early on the weekends. I say get it and let me know how it work. :D

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
No direct sun( All windows have 2" wood blinds). Lots of ambient light in the daytime, though, peeks its ugly head in.

And to think I bought the dang house cause it had a huge living room with lots of windows :b :crazy: :confused:

I looked at the 70", but the pixels seem too big on that set for me. I noticed a very slight hint of screen door. My humble opinion is that a 60" screen may be as big as you want to go with the LCD XBR technology, at least with my sitting distance( 11-12 feet)

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
You should be fine then. How much do actually watch when the sun is in that room? That's one of the reasons I had mine built with the family room on the east side.

My wife keeps saying the 60" also but my distance is about 14' at the farthest seat. I'll probably do that and save the $1500 for more goodies.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
Well in the summer time the sun doesn't set in south Texas till almost 9pm, so it would def be a factor in June-August timeframe.

Also, I'm in the military and subject to frequent moves. I figure I need something that will be easy to move and look good wherever I go.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I did it. And I blame everyone on this forum for not stopping me:crazy:

The KDF60XBR950 will be delivered to my house on Friday. Now I just have to make sure and get Hi Def cable=)

Wow, that was a lot of money
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
David,
When you get it set up let me know how it goes. I plan to buy the set by the end of the year.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
Will do,

Should be set up Friday afternoon. I'm going to pull out several of my fav DVDs and watch them in daylight and at night to get a feel for the set.

I'm hoping for no burned out pixels and a nice bright image that cuts through the ambient light in my room during the day, and a "Cinema Black" experience at night:D

I saw a thread the other day where someone seriously tweaked an XBR950, but am having trouble finding it. Any ideas where it's at? (I think I saw it on the AVSforum) Someone linked to it from this forum

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
It's in the thread subject " my wega calibraion page". There is a link to the AVS forum. I printed it and am studying it until I get mine.

I am so jealous right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks