What's new

Tell me how to do this (1 Viewer)

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
Would like to take the B speaker outputs on receiver and and feed it to 2 separate rooms with in wall volume control for each room. how do I do this the right way? what do I need to get?

Thanks

Greg

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
1) The main issue is going to be impedance load. Your receiver will need something between it and the contols/speakers, or else the load will burn out the amplifier.

2) Thankfully, most commercial volume control systems have a imp regulator device between the amplifier and the controls. If you don't mind incremental volume control instead of smooth control- Parts Express has a very cheap dayton system of wall controls that would work for you.

3) You might see if you have a line out of the receiver you could feed to an amplifier instead. Most people who setup a system the way you've suggested find it limiting- as the master volume affects the second sets of speakers-- so you have to go in and set it every time you want to use the extra rooms.

-Vince

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your help Vince.
So I can run 2 sets of wires from my receiver/amp and use controls like this ,IMPEDANCE MATCHING VOLUME CONTROL , between the speakers and the receiver/amp it should work relatively fine. I understand that it can only go a loud as the master volume control on reciever, and my be a little hard to adjust.
thanks
greg

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Yep! Double check to make sure if the controls operate on their own or needs a main junction. The old Dayton volume knobs requires a second box- the receiver connected to a junction box which connected to the volume controls. I think the one you linked to needs the distro panel box:

#300-541 4 way
#300-542 10 way

So you buy one of these boxes, and the volume knobs and you're golden. Do take note that the dayton volume knobs are segmented- like the volume position moves in 3db clicks- not a completely smooth infinite volume positions on a analog volume control.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks