Tell me how i did.....JBL

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Fishburn, Jan 24, 2002.

1. John Fishburn

I just ordered some speakers from Jandr.com tell me what you all think while i can still cancel my order : )

2 N38's for the mains

1 jbl n center

2 N26's for the surround speakers

and i already have a sony wm40 sub.

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Looks like you've got a killer set! The JBL "N" Series is timbre voice-matched, so together with your Sony powered-sub, you should be able to garner that compliment from friends & family, . . . "sounds better than our local Century Theaters!!!" [​IMG]
    NOTE: The JBL N26 do not come with the gimbal omni-mount wall brackets if you are planning to mount them on your side walls.
    Last step would be to REF Calibrate the whole audio setup via AVIA, or Video Essentials or the new Sound & Vision Tune-Up Calibration DVD. You will need the Radio Shack Analog SPL (Sound Pressure Level) Analog Meter! (camera tripod optional but handy)
    Read my Calibration Techniques for my process using Video Essentials (I have AVIA but use VE for speed & its LFE signal calibration test tone).
    NOTE: Because my website is 'free', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!
    Have fun when it all comes!
    Phil

3. John Fishburn

Very Nice site! I think I may go buy a spl meter today. Which test dvd do you recomend out of the 3 you sugested?

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Probably the Sound & Vision Tune-Up Calibration DVD
    [​IMG]
    - read about it @ Sound & Vision!. Sound & Vision, the world's largest audio/video magazine, has teamed with Ovation Software (they make AVIA), the leading authority on A/V equipment calibration, to bring you this entertaining and simple-to-use guide to hooking-up, operating, and adjusting your home theater for the best performance!
    I just got mine @ Fry's Electronics ($12.99) the other day and I have not gone thru all the different options, though I did check out the INTRO just before watching "Enterprise" last night! Hopefully, I'll check it out fully sometime this weekend, . . . busy tonight and this Friday NITE's DVD Movie is "Legally Blond" - with the usual family & friends coming over!! (goodies & brew-ski [beer] provided as usual)
    Hope this helps,
    Phil

5. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

I have the N-Center and N-38's as mains and they sound great in home threater! I also use JBL's PB-10 Sub which sounds good too. I don't have matching rears though, I'm currently using old Advent Mini's w/ sub for the surrounds. I was planning on getting N26's for the surrounds, but don't see the need to upgrade right now.