What's new

Tell Me About V the Miniseries (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen more than bits and pieces of this series when it first was broadcast. I don't know why I never got into it. Recently, I won an auction for a sealed copy of V: The Final Battle. I got it pretty cheap and intended to resell it and make a little. But --- now that it's in my possesion, I'm wondering if I should keep it instead and get the dvd of the miniseries. If I do this, where will I be? According to IMDB, there were 19 total episodes and, with the dvd and my box set, I seem to be short.

Worth pursuing?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
NEW - 01/02/02 - Heard from Ken! Regarding Region 1 release of "V" the DVD - "WB had expected to sell only about 10-15,000 units here -- and so far they've sold over 125,000."

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
V was the cheesiest, funniest and hammiest Sci-Fi drama of all time. But in the best way. I loved the first 2 series when they first aired. It would be great to have one final mini-series to tie up the lose ends.

The special effects are terrible in a charming sort of way but they obvioulsy did the best they could with the budget they had.

The DVD of The Original Mini-series is great. The creator, Kenneth Johnson oversaw the DVD himself and comes with a brand new surround soundtrack - something which the original broadcasts never had - and a full 3 1/4 hour commentary by the man himself, which, considering the length is never dull and very entertaining and informative.

Can't wait for The Final Battle, my VHS's are just about knackered!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
V: The Final Battle should see it's way to DVD in summer. It will either be a DVD-14 or a two disc set (due to it's length of 4 and a half hours). If all goes well, we will see it in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0 with extras including an audio commentary, a behind-the-scenes featurette, and hopefully a gag reel (it wasn't on the V DVD due to most people wanted royalties for it, hopefully Warner will shell out some money this time around to put it on the disc).
Hopefully Warner will put out V: The Series to DVD (they said they're considering it). Warner could put up to four - five episodes a discs meaning we can have the whole series in a four - five disc box set. Even if the series goes straight down the shitter half way into the season, I'd still purchase it to complete my V collection.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I had not seen V at all before last weekend. I made an impulse buy in a local store, and didn't regret it one bit.

The special effects actually work for me. Of course, I know it does look fake, but I don't let it bother me. Whether I start noticing effects or not depends on the story for me, and I found this to be so enjoyable that I did not bother with the look of the effects. The show does perhaps drag a little, but I still liked it, and I wouldn't know what to cut anyway. I ended upp seeing the whole DVD in one sitting (except for the commentary that is)

I'd get the V: miniseries DVD first, and then decide whether I could wait for the final battle on DVD or not.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wash your mouth out! Laser discs! - VHS don't exist for me, except for time-shifting.
Sorry Alan; I didn't know that an LD set EXISTED for that one! I only knew of the VHS's.

Will you forgive me?...

Hey! I just checked and realized that I still have my V paperback which tells the stories of both of the miniseries!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Watching Marc Singer's 'performance' is best. His technique for each scene is:
1-Enter
2-Pose
3-Say Line
4-Pose
(Repeat 3 and 4 until all lines are said)
5-Exit
:laugh:
Very funny - especially the way they'd forget some makeup when time was tight, I guess.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks