Tell AMC you wanna see Speed in Letterbox. (HURRY)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Go HERE to AMC's Contact US page and send emails to Request a Movie and Lodge a Complaint. Tell them you want to see SPEED in it's original letterbox format. They are showing Speed 2x in a row. The first one is Pan and Scan. The second showing should be LETTERBOX. Email AMC and let them know you want to see Speed in Letterbox. They get some many emails a day. So, to get their attention, email them SEVERAL TIMES with the same emails. So, do this please, so I can sit and enjoy Speed the way it was MEANT to be seen.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

What's Speed doing on AMC anyway? I had the cable "service" on for free a few months after I moved into my apartment, so I got to witness the death of this channel firsthand, with the addition of the onscreen logo, commercial breaks and movies that barely fit in the "classics" category. The cable company didn't even carry the channel in stereo; when they finally switched it off when they realized the guy who lived there before had moved out I called them to say thanks!

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Why would I want to see Speed in widescreen with commercials and language/violence edited out? I'll just wait for the Five Star Collection DVD release. [​IMG]

4. Ken Garrison

A movie being Pan and Scanned is worst of all. I will buy the 5 star DVD someday.

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Stunt Coordinator

This movie has been on AMC the last two weeks, I am afraid your effort is happening at the end of the showings.

6. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    Tell them we want uncut movies without commercial breaks while you're at it.

7. Ken Garrison

Yeah, that too. Tell them we want it Commercial free, uncensored, uncut, and in OAR. When I get the money, I'm BUYING the 5 star DVD. No Ifs, ANDs, or BUTs.

8. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Forget AMC.

Tell Fox you want to see their product on Turner Classic Movies...which is the only OAR-whenever-possible channel. AMC is more like OAR-whenever-it's-a-pre-1954-movie.

9. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    The 5 Star release comes out next Tuesday, no?

10. Ken Garrison

I sent an Email to THE FOX MOVIE CHANNEL to show SPEED in its OAR.

Thank you, whoever redirected this post. I thought Home Theater Software was ok since this spot mostly talks about OAR. But since AMC is TV programming, the topic should belong in that area too.

11. rick bie

rick bie Stunt Coordinator

Here is what I submitted to AMC:
    "Dear Sir's,
    I always considered your channel one to be respected when it comes to quality programming,but I have to reconsider due to the following:
    1.) Speed is a classic movie?, I happen to like the movie, but on your channel I just don't see how it is a classic.
    2.) Censorship, have you always cut and edited theses movies? I believe in good taste but on a channel like yours I would think
    that these "classics" should be un- tampered with.
    3.) Widescreen please, pan&scan is for made for TV movies not "classics"
    4.) Commercials, can't they go between movies or between hosts?
    I really do like your channel, but I will defiantly prefer the TCM channel if these issues remain. Please consider this constructive criticism of a valuable asset.
    Thank you,
    Rick Biesik "
    And their reply:
    "Dear Rick,
    Thank you for watching and supporting AMC. Currently we are trying to find a balance between older classics and modern classics. American Movie Classics has always been, and remains, committed to showcasing classic movies as they were originally intended to be seen.
    Over the past fifteen years, the definition of what is "classic" has changed, and more contemporary films have come into the category. As a result, it has become necessary to air edited-for-broadcast films during family viewing hours. However, because of our commitment to showcasing classic movies in their original form, we will air both edited and unedited versions of the film, whenever possible.
    Edited-for-broadcast versions of AMC's classic films will appear on the network during daytime and primetime hours. These films are the director-approved versions, whenever possible. To enable film purists to watch or tape their favorite films uncut, we will offer the unedited version in the repeat presentation of Director's Showcase every Wednesday night.
    We believe that this policy will allow AMC to offer our fans their own individualized classic movie viewing experience. Thanks again for writing. We hope you continue to watch and enjoy your favorite movies on American Movie Classics.
    As you might expect, we receive many calls, letters and emails, both pro and con. Those against are always more vocal, so it is a pleasure to hear from our supporters.
    Of course, every film which we do air in letterbox is also aired at another date in the full-screen version. We try to offer something for everyone.
    We appreciate your taking the time to express your opinion of our broadcasts, which will be included in our monthly report to our executives. All of us at AMC hope you will continue to enjoy AMC in the form most enjoyable to you.
    As we face pressure from rapidly rising costs, sponsorships are becoming a necessary reality in order to maintain and expand AMC's superb library of programming. Please be assured that we take our viewers' concerns and suggestions very seriously. Again, thank you for taking the time to write us. We hope you continue to watch and enjoy AMC."
    They at least replied and within 5 minutes of me sending the email.[​IMG]
    Rick

12. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Who asked them to put on the onscreen logo?

13. Ken Garrison

14. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit