What's new

Television video game conversion? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I was going through the list of video games they have made from TV and movies and wondered what was still out there that I wanted to see on my console. My first thought immediately was The Tranformers. Then Gi-Joe. but I dont know what type of game I would want. RPG, first person, Fighting etc. So my question is:

What video game do want to see made and what genre do think it would be best in.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'd like some anime games... how about a Cowboy Bebop RPG where you play as Spike and go around catching bounties (kinda like Star Wars Bounty Hunter... but cooler ;) )

How about an Evangelion fighting game... kinda like Godzilla: DAMM. You could have all the Evas, all the Angels, and maybe Giant Rei too :) I know there was one for N64, but it never came over here :frowning:

How about Lupin III? Stealing different treasures while aluding Zenigata :D

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Small Wonder- You could finally put that darn "robot-girl" out of commision with some T2 style weaponry.

Alf- Except, lose that nose of his. It kind of freaks me out with that "ribbed for your pleasure appearance".

And finally, I'll put another vote in for the B.A. Barakus game. "I pitty the fool who don't get me some power-up's".

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
An A-team strategy game would rock. Kinda like a commando's style interface where you could control each person. Send face off to smooze someone while Hannibal and B.A. do some welding.

How about a good air-wolf flight sim. Or what I've always wanted an actual robotech flight sim. Not just an action game, but a real kinda have to have a full set up joysticks to play type flight sim. Hell they could come out with custom stuff if they want. I just want to have little B,G,F levers to pull to transform from mode to mode.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I'd prefer it to be the other way around - I'd love to see Myst and Alpha Centauri games. I think there's a rich enough story in both to make good movies out of both of them.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I believe the new .hack RPG game is based off of a TV series - I think they've even been showing it on Cartoon Network.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Small Wonder- You could finally put that darn "robot-girl" out of commision with some T2 style weaponry.
Ha! Little Vicky wouldn't stand a chance.

Don't forget about Buffy.

I've always thought a good "Price is Right" game would rock. Plinko rules! They could even use the DOA girls for the models, Bob Barker's real voice...this is a goldmine.

Another thread mentioned this, but a Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder-CATS game would be great, too.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Samurai Jack needs to come to consoles. I love this cartoon and would love to play it on console. I know they have it for GBA but I need it on the console before im satisfied.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I believe the new .hack RPG game is based off of a TV series - I think they've even been showing it on Cartoon Network.
Not quite. The series & the game were developed in tandem. It's a joint venture between the TV production company & the game company.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Rob Lutter-

The Evangelion game was sort of crappy. I imported it for $100 and admit that it's cool, but it could be done WAY better. Also, a fighting game wouldn't be THAT great for this game. An RPG with fighting segments (you walk around town, meet whoever, go to Nerv, find your way around, and then play out the story segments) with animation from the series would be much more fitting.

Though Cowboy Bebop would make a cool action game.

millercv

Second Unit
I'd buy most of the games mentioned here....

How about a Kidd Video platform game, an O.G. Readmore fighting game, and a Ms. Switch adventure (I think that was the name - that teacher witch special thing)

Also a Pole Position racing game and a Dungeons and Dragons adventure/RPG while we are at it - oh wait . . .:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks