Telemarketers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan_R, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Anyone had any luck ridding unknown numbers from your life? I subscribed to the DMA's site to place my number on the "Do Not Call" list, but I get app. 25 calls from my area code with no name but the number listed. It's the same 8 numbers within a 10 digit string...ie xxx.0001, xxx.0002, xxx.0003, xxx.0004 to xxx.0010. Ugh.

Anyone with similar experiences...especially in the Atlanta area?

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving U.S.A.!

~~Nathan

2. JamesMH

JamesMH Stunt Coordinator

I get calls in LA from an unknown name with a number 000-000-0000, how do they do that?

Its an automated spanish recording, so I have no idea what its for, got about 10 times snow.

3. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Telemarketers are the ultimate pain-in-the-ass. After getting around a dozen or so calls each day, I finally quit answering my phone. All I use my land line for now is internet anyways, and I usually never log offline so my line stays busy. If any family member needs to reach me, they know to call my cell phone.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've quite answering my phone as well, usually letting the answer machine handle the calls. But sometimes, if I'm watching something, I'll pick up the phone and hang it up just to get rid of the ringing.

It's rather sad that it's gotten to this point. Sigh...

5. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    I posted this link in the other thread. Plz read. Great info on how to stop telemarketers Stop Telemarketers