Teeth Whiteners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher P, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Is 'whiteners' a word? Anyway, anybody ever use any of the products, like those white strips by Crest {I think}? My teeth are pretty white, and I don't smoke or drink coffee, I've just been curious as it seems like a bunch of products like this have popped up lately.

Happy Holidays!

Chris

2. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Apparently cokes and other dark sodas can do that, too, and those are as widespread or more as smoking - or chewing, for that matter.

I do know some of it works, because some members of my family tried them. But that was a dentist-prescribed one...

Mike

3. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I can't go to the dentist lately without them incessantly pushing teeth whitening schemes on me. I figure they aren't making enough money anymore off of real problems that they had to invent some other imaginary problem not covered by insurance plans.

Anyway, I've seen what happens to teeth exposed to hydrogen peroxide. They sure are white, but they are also very soft and bend easily. I'm sure the process for human teeth are different, but I want no part of it.

4. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I like to use the peroxide/baking soda tooth paste.It does not seem to damage the teeth like straight peroxide would but it does get them pretty white,it just takes a while...nothing overnight.

I have though about those new strips that disolve,crest I think,I do smoke and I drink ALOT of soda so its a constant battle.

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    I have used the Crest Whitestrips. It takes about a month to do your entire mouth, but they work well.

6. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Are the Crest things relatively safe for the teeth? What is the whitening ingredient?

Thanks.

7. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    Ingredients:
    Purified Water
    Glycerin
    Hydrogen Peroxide
    Carbopol 956
    Sodium Hydroxide
    Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate
    Sodium Stannate
    Advertised as Same enamel-safe ingredient that dentists use.

8. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Does alcohol whiten teeth? Seriously, I've noticed my teeth look whiter when I've had a few (not red wine, of course). Or am I just drunk? I've actually had people comment on my teeth at parties... (or are they drunk too?) I use that peroxide/baking soda/whitening paste.. perhaps if thats combined with beer, it gets even whiter?
    If you buy any teeth whitening products, buy the one Jack Wagner is selling. He is the coolest man on television. [​IMG]