What's new

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in new amaray case: any different? (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I noticed that the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (hey, I'm a comic fan!) movie is sporting a new amaray case and not the snapper case anymore. I was wondering if the disc is double sided as before and if there is anything different about the two.not expecting new extras or anything just thought the family line trailers were dropped. If anyone has any info please respond, also what does the chapter card inside sport (i.e. original poster for front)?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Doubt there's anythign different about the disk itself. New Line has dropped the snappers from consumer feedback (are you listening Warner), so as each movie has run out, they've replaced them with Amarays. The first two Austin Powers movies were the first to get this treatment, apparently they weren't the last.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Kyle, TMNT 2 & 3 were both released in September - in white keepcases. I assume that is also when the original was re-released in the keepcase. Same disc for TMNT - just released in a keepcase to match the others (same with the 3 AP films).

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Damn... I recently bought all three at Best Buy, and the first one was only in the old snapper case. I guess I'll have to download the cover as well.
Also, wasn't New Line's HUMAN NATURE released in a snapper case just a few weeks ago?? I'm not sure if they're completely done with them yet.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Download the cover? Do you mean downloading it so you can put the cover in an amaray case? I wish New Line had some kind of program where you could mail them your snapper case titles in exchange for an amaray editon. But I have a lot of respect for New Line so causing them to lose money over covers is out of the question. I may end up buying Blade over again when the amaray case comes out but I'll have to wait and see.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, SUPPOSEDLY, there is going to be a new Special Edition in the works.

I may just have to see if Mr.Laird is willing to do another interview this time around to get an update on it. I was thinking about a 'What does it take to get a franchise reborn' type o' interview. I have a few questions at the ready, but anyone in the buisness who knows more about these things with a few, I'll gladly take them :)...

TMNT was the first DVD I bought way back in 1997, and one of the reasons I got into the format :).At least 150 DVD's later, half of them TV ON DVD, I don't regret it :).

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
That would be AWESOME for a special edition o all of them actually. Complete with Laird and Eastman (if possible) audio commentary, cast commentary, and new extras. The New Line discs kick ass...well on a video/sound level anyway, already but something tells me this special edition may not happen.

I'm still waiting for New Line to do a Mortal Kombat special edition.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Friday After Next is supposed to be the first Infinifilm to be double sided I heard.

I've been thinking for awhile on the special edition (well 4 hours I guess) and I think the only way TMNT could have a SE is if the new animated series does well on Fox this Saturday.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone get me a scan on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III? Some kids came over a couple of weeks ago and destroyed that cover. Along with the Nick Jr Holiday Sampler and Rugrats - Decade in Diapers.

Thanks for any help.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking of buying the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" DVD as I really want to own the movie, but has there been any word on a supposed Special Edition in the works? Especially with the new CGI Turtles movie coming out in 2007?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I don;t know but I think the boxsets have gone oop.

I never got a chance to pick one up so I hope new editions are on the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks