What's new

Teen Wolf - Season 4 (MTV) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The fourth season of MTV's "Teen Wolf" premiered tonight.Crystal Reed is no longer a series regular after her character Allison Argent was killed off in the penultimate episode of season three.Loved cold open with Stiles and Lydia walking through a Mexican town bickering about the lethal stupidity of their current plan. When this show finally ends, I'd love a spinoff featuring Stiles and Lydia as paranormal investigators, because their dynamic is wonderful.I think the fact that Kira was in retrospect so obviously introduced as a replacement for Allison, it's sort of hard to accept her as part of the group because she's not Allison.On the other hand, the introduction of Malia as the pack's new B. A. Baracus was a pleasant surprise. Because her thought process is still driven by spending more than half her life as a coyote, her perspective is completely unlike any of the other characters.The premiere also marked a big expansion in the show's scope, with a couple sequences worthy of an Indiana Jones movie. It sort of drove home the importance of Beacon Hills to the show, because the absence of the show's excellent cast of supporting adult characters was keenly felt. And the mythology continues to grow ever more convoluted. On one hand, I like that they ground it with bits and pieces from real international mythology, it gets more difficult to keep track of.I like that Lydia's banshee powers operate completely different than the aggressive physical powers of the other supernatural characters. I hope we get more insight into how banshees work this season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Officially renewed for a 20-episode fifth season

This show seems to alternate between long seasons and short seasons, so that they can have a winter season and a summer season. The first two seasons were 12-episode summer runs, Then the third season ran 24 episodes, 12 episodes in the summer and 12 episodes in the winter. This season is back to a 12-episode run. Presumably the first ten episodes will air sometime this winter, with the back half airing next summer.
I miss Crystal Reed a bit this season, but otherwise I'm enjoying it very much.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Glad to hear the show being renewed. I hope the 5th season will be divided, as if they were separate seasons, so they won't end up dragging it out some storylines too long.

I did not get to watch the last episode, but the previous one (The Benefactor), there was that throwback to the Pilot.

I hate the fact that MTV is no longer repeating episodes after Wolf Watch, as I'm usually unable to watch the first run ones.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
Glad to hear the show being renewed. I hope the 5th season will be divided, as if they were separate seasons, so they won't end up dragging it out some storylines too long.
Yes, it's since been confirmed that Season 5A (episodes 1-10) will air Summer 2015, and Season 5B (episodes 11-20) will air starting January 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks