Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Title: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Tagline: The superhero movie to end all superhero movies. Hopefully

Genre: Family, Animation

Director: Aaron Horvath, Peter Rida Michail

Cast: Greg Cipes, Scott Menville, Khary Payton, Tara Strong, Hynden Walch, Will Arnett, Kristen Bell, Nicolas Cage, James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel, Kal-El Cage, Halsey, Lil Yachty, Stan Lee, Wil Wheaton, Patton Oswalt, Eric Bauza, David Kaye, Greg Davies, John DiMaggio, Michael Bolton, Tom Kenny, Fred Tatasciore, Vanessa Marshall

Release: 2018-07-27

Runtime: 84

Plot: When the Teen Titans go to the big screen, they go big! Teen Titans GO! to the Movies finds our egocentric, wildly satirical superheroes in their first feature film extravaganza—a fresh, gleefully clever, kid-appropriately crass and tongue-in-cheek play on the superhero genre, complete with musical numbers.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The kids had been asking to see this one, so we went yesterday. What a pleasant surprise - the wife and I enjoyed it a lot. Very meta, and one of those movies that kids and adults can enjoy in different ways. It covers the entire DC universe and has fun with it, essentially mocking the dark and gritty tone most DC films have. Often hilarious. It was not just the kids' movie I anticipated. Next to Wonder Woman, maybe the best DC movie yet.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review. I plan to see it this week or next - the trailers made it look fun, and the good reviews help!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm kinda interested in seeing this one, but I'm not familiar with Teen Titans. Do I need to be familiar with the TV show to enjoy the film?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm kinda interested in seeing this one, but I'm not familiar with Teen Titans. Do I need to be familiar with the TV show to enjoy the film?

Nah. If you know who Robin is (sidekick of Batman) and have a vague impression of the heroes in the DC universe (Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, etc.), you'll enjoy it. It's a comedy of the whole superhero genre.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The kids had been asking to see this one, so we went yesterday. What a pleasant surprise - the wife and I enjoyed it a lot. Very meta, and one of those movies that kids and adults can enjoy in different ways. It covers the entire DC universe and has fun with it, essentially mocking the dark and gritty tone most DC films have. Often hilarious. It was not just the kids' movie I anticipated. Next to Wonder Woman, maybe the best DC movie yet.

Thank you, Sam. I was considering it for tonight, but I was on the fence. I think you just sold me on taking a chance and just going.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone who was a fan of the original Teen Titans animated series will probably hate this film.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Anyone who was a fan of the original Teen Titans animated series will probably hate this film.

I don't know why they stopped making the original cartoon series. My daughter and I loved it. It ended before my son (5 years younger than his sister)I did get the complete DVD series and they're watching it together,

I was hoping the movie was not the "Go" version. With that being said, I do find myself watching the "Go" version when it's on the TV. It is funny at times and I don't hate it. But, I do long for the darkness that was in the original version.

DC Universe streaming service is doing a live action version that looks like it will resemble the original cartoon. I wish they made a live action movie. I will have to figure out how to get the streaming service.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I knew this film was out and have seen the tv show once or twice.

I had a great word of mouth recommendation and will hopefully take my 2 young sons or rent it at Redbox.

I heard it was good and one of the better DC films as well.

We are big Adam west Batman fans so I’m sure we will like it. Just like LEGO Batman movie.
It’s nice to have some kid friendly super hero options... aside from Superman 1978 and the 66 Batman series.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

As I understand it, the original Teen Titans animated series had characters who were mature enough not to need 24x7 babysitting. From the ads I've seen on cable TV, "Teen Titans Go!" seems to cater to a crowd who want the characters to act like immature children.

If you were a fan of "Teen Titans", you might want to skip "Teen Titans Go!" and check out "Young Justice".

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So I went to see Teen Titans Go! last night. I had low expectations and I had a great time. The plot isn't deep, but it is a story with a moral with a lot of action, jokes and bright colors. A little frenetic for me at times; it didn't really matter with a sub-90 minute run time.

The kids in the audience with were laughing a mile a minute. So it worked for the target audience it seems like.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
So I went to see Teen Titans Go! last night. I had low expectations and I had a great time. The plot isn't deep, but it is a story with a moral with a lot of action, jokes and bright colors. A little frenetic for me at times; it didn't really matter with a sub-90 minute run time.

The kids in the audience with were laughing a mile a minute. So it worked for the target audience it seems like.

Awesome.
I’ll have to see it!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks