What's new

Teen Titans box sets (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit
NO DOUBLE SIDED DISCS. PLEASE WARNER PLEASE!!

They did such a good job with B:TAS and S:TAS. Please dont' screw up TT and The Batman with a double-sided disc, and don't cram all the episodes on one disc.

Give us 2 discs. We'll pay more if neccessary!!!

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definately going to pick up this and The Batman box sets. Glad I held off on the single volumes! :emoji_thumbsup:

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The interesting thing with Teen Titans was that the single disc sets were a pretty good value. They had six or so episodes, a noticeably better deal than with the Justice League sets, and you could complete the first season in two servings. There was even a somewhat decent extra on the first disc and they were single-sided. If there aren't any extras and double-sided discs, I may just buy those sets instead of this release.

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator

Nothing chronological about it. Teen Titans is not part of the DC animated universe. Its not in continulty with Batman Beyond and Justice League. Neither is The Batman. I think the hold up with Batman Beyond and Justice League is that its a continuation of the Batman and Superman series. So really it makes sense to have both of those series out first. I am hoping we can get Static Shock and Zeta Project sets as well which are also part of the DC animated universe. But since The Batman and Teen Titans are in no continulty but themselves releasing them at any time is appropiate.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
If the Season DVD's are being released in keepcases (as opposed to the snapper cases of Divide and Conquer and Switched, that would make the DVD's all the more appealing to me

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Challenge of the Super-Friends definitely had a double-sided disc. In slight defense of their double-siders, WB doesn't seem to have the same problems with these as Universal.

John*D

Second Unit
Just checked, S:TAS does has a flipper. Totally forgot. Oh well...

At least we'll have the episodes in season sets.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'll definately be picking up these sets as well. I have stopped buying the standard Warner DVD's because those idiotic DVD Paper cases they produce for their DVD's. I much prefer the clamshell cases as used by Paramount and Universal. I'll be picking up this boxed set as well providing they aren't using those paper boxes for their packaging.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder whether they aren't simply sticking the first two single-disc releases into a new package and calling it season one, since taken together they maike up the whole season. The single-disc releases weren't bad, were fairly priced and even had some good extras, and each made up half a season.

I did buy the first two, but have been holding off on the third (labeled season 2 vol. 1) since the full season announcement has been made. I'm unsure whether I'll replace my single discs with the season set; depends on if there are any good extras.

Incidentally, fans of the show should note that Cartoon Network has just passed on a sixth season despite the show remaining successful. There is a "Save Teen Titans" effort currently going on. Details at the Titans Tower dot com site.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
So, does anyone have any plans on picking up this boxed set from Season 1 on this coming Tuesday? I know I plan on picking it up. While the dialogue used for the series isn't my cup of tea, being more of a children's cartoon show, I'm going to pick up this set. I never got around to picking up the individual disks because I don't buying TV Shows on DVD like that but I do have plans on picking up the Season 1 set simply because of the price and the fact that I haven't seen any of the episodes. At $14.99 at Best Buy, it's hard to pass this one up.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I'm a member too I have a $20 certificate coming. I have my account set up to where I get $20 coupons instead of $5. July ends my second free year in the club.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator

Oh, no you don't. Not only did the TT S2 premiere feature that show's Robin becoming Nightwing at some point in the future, proving he's Dick Grayson (just before S1 of BTAS), but Michael "Flash" Rosenbaum himself has played Kid Flash on at least two episodes from this latest season, clearly serving as a prequel to his appearance, again as Wally West, in S1 of JL. And don't try to mention that Charlie Schlatter as Flash appearance from Superman: TAS. That was Barry Allen.

The timeline is thus:
Teen Titans
Batman: The Animated Series
Static Shock
Superman: The Animated Series
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
Batman Beyond
The Zeta Project
Legion of Super-Heroes

And if they did a Doom Patrol series, that would go before TT in that listing.

But you're right. The Batman is not part of this continuity, with its revamped origins contradicting BTAS. Think of it as "Ultimate" Batman. Or perhaps "All-Star" Batman. It is to BTAS what X-Men: Evolution is to X-Men's 90's cartoon. It's just not an improvement.

BOMM,

CS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks