What's new

Teeheehee, another Shockwave time waster! (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Hahah, fun game. The website is by a Swedish children's TV show I believe. It took a little while to figure out how it worked, but it was wroth the effort. FUn buliding the course, but I wish there was a way to save it (didn't see one at least).

/Mike

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Did you notice that as you go around the track, the sound is stereo (going from one speaker to the next as the cars go from side to side)? That's cool! I wish I spoke Swedish!

MC

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Mickes: To my surprise, i just went back to it, and it kept the last track i made on there! When you exit try to make sure that you press the X at the top corner to close it...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
NickSo, I didn't know that, thanks for the info, that's good at least. :)
Vrroom, vrooom...
/Mike

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
This has to be one of the coolest shockwave games out there.

I've already built 5 different tracks during my lunch break and have sent the link home so I can mess with it some more tonight.

Thanks for the link Nick.

BTW, have you tried racing the cockatoo (i guess)
on level 5?...pretty tough

Brian

Dan Cabral

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me, or does the bird look like he's umm, polishing the bishop, while he's operating his controller?
:D

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Slot car racing is great! I spent a whole semester of tutoring playing 2-player slot car with a friend (we were both tutors, so no one's grades were hurt). We played a solid three days a week, often for half an hour at a time. Sometimes we'd do tracks of all curves, sometimes we'd do lots of straightaways, sometimes we'd do a mix... there were lots of possibilities, even with the size limitations.
We both advanced our skills to the point where it's ridiculously easy to beat the computer player, even at the highest difficulty setting. :frowning:
BTW, you can use the K on your keyboard to accelerate in the one-player game.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know how to download/install Shockwave player from behind a proxy/firewall? I can't believe Macromedia has only a browser-based install and it doesn't provide an option for proxy settings.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Oof, I haven't been able to beat Pancho on level 5. That's the only one that's any competition anyhow.

Good looking out, NickSo.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I beat the bird (no, that's NOT a euphemism! :)) rather consistently on some of my courses, but I've taken to laying them out so that my car now has slightly longer to go than the bird's car.
By the way, have you guys noticed that you can switch lanes if you intersect at the same time? It's easy to win if you do that and end up in front of the other car. :)
/mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks