What's new

Apple TV+ Ted Lasso - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...So it finally drops.

Trent.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x11 Midnight Train to Royston

Bad episode from start to end. Not one good moment.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I watched the season 2 finale of 'Ted Lasso' last night. If you are a fan of the show, I urge you to avoid reading any articles about the show before you watch the finale. There is a surprise ending and it's the type of surprise ending that can be easily spoiled by a mere mention in a headline blurb, etc.

Now they've got me really excited for season 3. Damn you, Apple!
smile.gif

Mark

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x12 Inverting the Pyramid of Success

I think one of the best part of this episode was when Nate revealed he kissed her and nobody cared. I think that tipped him over.

Overall this season was a let down. I think they should go back again and see why season 1 was so successful. Or maybe you can't make an after story. The story ended with season 1. You can't make E.T. 2.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Guess they just can't make everyone happy... :P

Sure, not quite as (consistently) good as S1, but extremely few sequels ever are -- and yeah, maybe any(?) darker turns (at all) may simply not work for some fans of S1...

_Man_

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 episode 4 (Christmas) will forever be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on TV. The scene with Phoebe had me laughing to the point of tears. Absolutely hilarious, even on 2nd, 3rd and 4th viewings!

Mark

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I watched the season 2 finale of 'Ted Lasso' last night. If you are a fan of the show, I urge you to avoid reading any articles about the show before you watch the finale. There is a surprise ending and it's the type of surprise ending that can be easily spoiled by a mere mention in a headline blurb, etc.

Now they've got me really excited for season 3. Damn you, Apple!
smile.gif

Mark
Have to admit I re-watched the end of the episode based on your post because I thought I missed something. Are you just referring to Nate going to work for the other team? Meh. I'm sure it won't be the case but I'm hoping that's the last we ever see of Nate. Hopefully at least the show gets back on track in season 3.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
According to the producers, Nate's going to be playing a major role in Season 3 as Rupert's poached Richmond-coach to take down his former teammates now that they're back in the Premier League.

Also, Trent Crimm (now independent) will have a "significant role" next season, roughly equivalent to Dr. Sharon's in Season 2:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I did love the text message. Kept that joke running.

Clearly "Trent Crimm" at the top.

"Hello Ted, this is Trent Crim."
"The Independent."
I don’t get the joke, not the photo, but the last two lines.

In the first season, Nate was a downtrodden schmuck. Ted helped him to pull himself up. I liked Nate. In the second season Nate began a progressive descent to the dark side. At first I thought they would find some way to stop his descent but that would have been unrealistic. What we see Nate become is what he already was.

Many years ago I knew a guy like this. When anybody said something, he found something in it that he considered an attack on him, whether it was there or not. So far as I know, he did not become a malevolent presence that Nate became.

If I had been Nate’s boss and he betrayed a confidence, I’d fire him. He’s just gone too far.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I don’t get the joke, not the photo, but the last two lines.

In the first season, Nate was a downtrodden schmuck. Ted helped him to pull himself up. I liked Nate. In the second season Nate began a progressive descent to the dark side. At first I thought they would find some way to stop his descent but that would have been unrealistic. What we see Nate become is what he already was.

Many years ago I knew a guy like this. When anybody said something, he found something in it that he considered an attack on him, whether it was there or not. So far as I know, he did not become a malevolent presence that Nate became.

If I had been Nate’s boss and he betrayed a confidence, I’d fire him. He’s just gone too far.
The joke was how he introduced himself. Everyone knows who he is... but he's still...

"Trent Crim. [The] Independent"
Actually, it's a play on words. The Independent was the paper he wrote for. After he revealed his source and quit he was "independent"!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks