What's new

Apple TV+ Ted Lasso - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hopefully this is as good as season 1. For the moment the teaser doesn't show anything interesting or any plot points. It just shows familiar faces.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The teaser makes it look like more of the same, though I suspect the team will end up having to win it all eventually.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Here you go -- I screenshotted it for you:

Ted_Lasso_Recipe.jpg

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Unfortunately, season 2 won’t be out until after my free trial of TV+ expires and there’s nothing else on the service that remotely interests me. I’ll have to avoid this thread until the entire season is out then I’ll re-up my sub and binge the entire season over a weekend then cancel again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x01 Goodbye Earl

What? Nobody is talking about Ted Lasso?

I thought it lacked magic at the beginning and wasn't funny until the psychologist showed up. Then things got fun and interesting.

They should avoid to show them all happy and nice to work with each other. The reason season one worked was because there was conflict and change.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Such awesomeness. I absolutely positively despise all forms of animal cruelty…and yet that kick and then the shower-scene. Fucking hilarious.

Solid start; though my girlfriend was initially a touch upset that “successful-competent-club-owner-is-reduced-to-girly-gossip-for-most-of-the-episode.” They played with that nicely by the end, though.

Curious to see how Ted and his...boyishness finally wins over the doc. (Sorry, “doctor.”)

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched the premiere Friday night.

I remember a few years ago, the collective-we were arguing about the merits of streaming shows dropping a new season all at once versus broadcast TV‘s weekly episodes. This was brought on particularly by Stranger Things, I think.

I was very much in favor the big drop, because I liked bingeing all of Stranger Things in a single weekend. It was a fun “event” to have with my wife and just immerse myself intensely in the show for a few days. Plus, I was so out of sync on shows that I was often catching shows way after other people watched them.

But I’m appreciating more the weekly release approach of Disney and Hulu and Apple. On some few shows, like Ted Lasso or The Handmaid’s Tale, I now can watch in sync with friends. And it’s good. It’s a bit like how TV used to be 20 years ago.

So I want to have Ted Lasso to watch rapidly. And I’m glad to have it given out only weekly.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also, good first episode. I had some mixed feelings, but mainly because the first season is so perfect, I’m almost afraid of being disappointed by a second season.

It was fun. I‘m into the setup of Ted’s internal conflict over therapy. I can see this being a good storyline.

And of course Roy figuring out what to do as a retired athlete has promise. I expected he should go into coaching or management. Going into commentary is also a good idea. And Roy the character is totally believable in hating all these ideas and wanting to be left alone.

Obvious but not yet a story is Nate’s apparently very aggressive, hard-ass approach to coaching and employee management. I felt that was surprising and not signaled from the first season. There is more to come on this as the season develops, I expect.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I did make the shortbread biscuits, btw.
lasso.jpeg

I thought the Dani Rojas thing maybe should have taken more than an episode to resolve, but I do like the addition of the psychologist to the cast. Small conflicts abound, but still not clear what the big conflict storyline for the season might be, if any.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve heard that reviewers also found the first episode a bit off, so maybe it wasn’t just me feeling a bit out of sorts initially.

The second episode however was great all the way through. The premiere episode had Ted only being saccharine Ted — that overly talkative, hyper-Pollyanna version of himself from early in Season 1. Episode 2, we got back to late-season 1 three-dimensional Ted who is upbeat but who also deals with reality and people honestly and practically.

Nate, commenting on how Jaime Tarte tears people down being bad for the team, interrupting himself as he saying that to tear down the new kit kid was just <tear my hair out> I think the show is indicating that Ted and Beard are aware of it, but are letting Nate be Nate to figure out Nate.

Though Ted unilaterally offering up Nate’s office to Higgins was a surprising lapse in Ted’s judgement.

Roy Fucking Kent. Good to have him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks