What's new

Ted Koppel Leaving ABC (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter

One of the last real professionals left... most of TV news is at best stenography but is often opinion or propaganda or manufactured outrage. Real journalism is almost non-existent these days. Broadcast TV is only slightly better than the empty shrieking madness of cable news.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

So, you don't get PBS in your area? The News Hour with Jum Lehrer is as good as it has ever been. As is Washington Week in Review. And, frankly, I love NOW.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
So long Ted, don't let the sceen door hit ya' where the good Lord split ya'. I finally got wise to the liberal news media spin years ago.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
My uncle (Tom Bettag) is Koppel's longtime producer and is leaving with him. I've met Koppel a few times, and he's a nice guy and one of the few remaining decent journalists. I'm sorry to see him go, but I'm anxious to see where he ends up.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Last show is this evening (November 22.) Nightline was an outstanding news program for years. The delivery of news has changed what with 24-hour cable news and the Internet, but Koppel will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks