Techwood?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Taylor, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

I hope this is the right place to put this message but has anyone ever heard of a company called Techwood? I am in the process of buying me a new system and came across a really nice system from this company. Any information anyone can give me on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Sounds like a cross between Technics and Kenwood (or Sherwood). I usually run into these crossed namebrands at the flea market. I've seen Sanyics and Boswood before, but I've never seen Techwood. For all I know it could be a legit company that makes great gear...but I doubt it.

3. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

From the looks of the companies catalog and everything they seem to be a legit company...Most of their systems run in the 3k to 4k range. So I am hoping that they are pretty good.

4. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Techwood is usually a brand you find at places like Rent-A-Center, Colortyme or any other rent to own store. They are usually cheaply made and overpriced. Stay away from them. They are not worth it(at least in my experience).