Technics SB-LX90K Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Dave McAtee, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Dave McAtee

Dave McAtee Auditioning

Anyone have experience with this line of Technics speakers? The Technics SB-LX90K Speakers have 15" woofers and I think they are 200W.

I might use two of them for fronts.. then I need center and rears.

2. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

My old speakers are Technics.. not sure of the model number I will check them when I get home. They were great but the space they took up in my current setup was too much. Got them sitting on a shelf in the garage. Anyone know what they are worth? I also have the Center and Rear speakers sitting out in the garage.

Here is a shot of my Technics Towers

This is a shot of the Center

Shot of the Technics rear speakers... I thought I had some closer pics! oh well!

Dave PM me if your interested in the center and rears. I can send you some better pics if you want!

3. Dave McAtee

Dave McAtee Auditioning

Chris, how did you get the rear speakers mounted diagonally like that? Its too far away for me to tell what mechanism is in place.
    How old are the center and rears? Were you satisfied with the sound quality? How much power could they handle?
    Thanks.

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

The rear speakers are mounted to some speaker brackets. Not sure of the brand they were left with the house so they were installed when I moved in. Basicly there is a ball that attaches to the speaker that is clamped into the bracket that is mounetd to the wall. Gives unlimited movement of the speaker for the desired positioning. See some pics here of my new speakers being mounted.

I think I bought the Technics Pro-logic system somewhere between 93 and 95. The speakers are in verry good shape and they sounded pretty good. I recently came across a good deal on some new speakers (here at this forum) and upgraded. I took a few more pics of them this morn. Check them out here (I listed the specs of the speakers there as well.)

If you are interested in them you may want to make sure your reciver's rear channels can handle 4ohm speakers. from my understanding you will overload your reciver if it is rated at 8ohms. PM me if you are interested and we can talk price and shipping.

I would be willing to sell the towers as well but they are much to large to ship. Where are you located?

5. Dave McAtee

Dave McAtee Auditioning

thanks for the offer on the speaks Chris, but I am now considering selling my own technics speakers and getting Mordaunt-Shorts all around.