What's new

Technics Receiver connection to Internet! (1 Viewer)

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
I have a 18 year old Technics Receiver and have it connected to both my HDMI BLU RAY PLAYER and CABLE TV, but I can't configure using my HDMI 3 connection from my LAN LINE and I only get sound through the shitty TV speakers! The back of the receiver does have 4 different connection and tried using RCA connector to the receiver from the TOSHIBA FIRE TV . Help!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
but I can't configure using my HDMI 3 connection from my LAN LINE
Welcome and hello. Could you please elaborate on what is meant by the above? Also, what is the model number of the receiver and preferably the TV.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
The TV is Toshiba fire tv and receiver is SA-EX110. Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds like the case of using the TV to do the source switching instead of the receiver.

The sources should be connected to the receiver and then video passed on to the TV.

Explaining how and where things are connected will help a lot.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Sounds like the case of using the TV to do the source switching instead of the receiver.

The sources should be connected to the receiver and then video passed on to the TV.

Explaining how and where things are connected will help a lot.
Thanks. Will give it a go again later!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This receiver can only support stereo audio via RCA inputs as shown, so I'm still unclear on what you meant by your earlier statement regarding HDMI. You can connect the Blu Ray and Cable box to the TV via HDMI but, unless they also have RCA audio outputs [most modern units do not] then you're stuck with the TV audio.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear but it's time for a new receiver. There are some excellent used options out there.

1627160315385.png

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
This receiver can only support stereo audio via RCA inputs as shown, so I'm still unclear on what you meant by your earlier statement regarding HDMI. You can connect the Blu Ray and Cable box to the TV via HDMI but, unless they also have RCA audio outputs [most modern units do not] then you're stuck with the TV audio.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear but it's time for a new receiver. There are some excellent used options out there.

View attachment 105333
Thanks! I have my HDMI through a audio extracter and my cable box goes through hdmi to rca but no luck.

his1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Howard Ian Stern
Thanks! I have my HDMI through a audio extracter and my cable box goes through hdmi to rca but no luck.
Thanks have hdmi from cable box into tv like my blu ray.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I agree, this is the correct solution. Purchase a newer (can be used) receiver that supports HDMI switching. All components get plugged into receiver. Then one HDMI cable runs from receiver output to TV. Receiver then handles all device switching.

This gets lost among some people especially with the way TVs can have confusing input/output labels, but if you want surround audio, the TV should never be the main hub, the receiver should be. Some TVs have some workarounds for this but nothing will work as simply or as well as plugging all devices directly into a receiver and then plugging the receiver into the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks