What's new

technics best sub $300 receiver ... SA-DA20N, kenwood vr507/509 or Onkyo TXDS575X (1 Viewer)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yes the 1602 is basically one of Denon's budget receivers and would probably prefer the Kenwood over it.

The 1802 is beefier. For the money you may be able to get into a Denon 2802.

The best advice is to go to a few B&M's and listen to all candidates, and make sure you get a "PROPER" demonstration of all candidates. Let your ears decide.

Go see how that Technics sounds, it does look nice, and it does have mosfet circuitry, so it just may sound GREAT!!

But get out there and do some listening!!!

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
DO you guys think that any of the aforementioned receivers would work pretty well with a basic speaker system like the HTD level 3's? That's what I'm thinking about getting. Also an svs 25-31 cs. Thanks!

Haywood

Stunt Coordinator
Jason the 1802 is 80x5 while the 1602 is 70x5 not really a major power difference but a good $100-$150 difference in price. As far as features there are only a few small differences. If you have speakers with a decent efficieny rating you should have a no problem with the 1602 or 1802, you can just pick the one that fits your budget.
Sean both Denon models are budget receivers and I would say that both have a much better power supply than the Kenwood.
Later Haywood :cool:

Al Mansur

Grip
I own a Kenwood vr509 and I think it is an excellent receiver. I got it for $300 and it can compete with some other receivers in the $400-$500 price range.

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
Jason.. I sent you an email. Check out my unit on EBAY... it's the latest model of the 575, the 575x.
The remote ROCKS! I have it controlling damn near everything in my house including the microwave! (ok not really.. but it might )
I would never buy a receiver based on the remote control. I don't even use the remote that came with my Kenwood VR 507. I have a remote from X10 that cost only $25 and DOES turn on the microwave...and the lights, and my remote cameras..and so on and so on....
:D
P.S. The Kenwood VR 507 is a fine receiver. My friend has the Onkyo 595. I would take mine over his any day considering I spent $180 less than he did. I can't tell a nickle's worth of difference between the two, except that his has audio drops on a couple titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks