What's new

Technicolor tribute in Hollywood (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Regarding the nitrate prints. Do you need special permission and facilities to show them at the Egyptian?

Jeff Joseph

Agent
Yes indeed. Permission from the studios, the Fire Department, and UCLA. Then we need to reinstall the fire equipment on the projectors (they don't fit with the digital stuff), which is why we do them all in one day.

Jeff Joseph

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The (Technicolor) green emanating from my eyes is the green of envy at all in Southern Cal who attend this event.

These shows sound spectacular - everybody within driving distance should go!

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
The Egyptian Theater has an insane line up for the next few months. In addition to the Technicolor series, I see they have a tribute to Robert Wise, an ILM/ Skywalker Sound series, and a Matt Dillon (?) tribute.
They are also having screenings with Robin Willimas, Diane Lane, George Clooney, and Nicole Kidman, where you can see them get down on their hands and knees and beg for an Oscar ;) (I imagine they hope Academy voters will be in heavy attendance at these shows...)
I can't wait to see the Red Shoes in nitrate Technicolor. It's one of those classic films I've never seen, and I'd never forgive myself for missing this oppurtunity.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I'm ordering tickets to several on monday (when I get my xmas gift of a years membership as well!
the prohibitive factor for me is that the subway from hollywood highland only runs until 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends, so some of those double features that start at 8:30 will be unavailable to me (and believe me I need a reason to whittle away which ones to see)
right now I want to see: Ten commandments, Seven Voyages of Sinbad, The Red Shoes, Theif of BAghdad and the double feature with the western movies (I think) and that is probably too many already! man I want to see them all so bad!
damn not having a car really sucks in LA :)
Adam

Jeff Joseph

Agent
Bumping this to the top.

Tomorrow (Jan 24) is:

Afrian Queen A stunning 35mm dye transfer print.

then a Bond double bill:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service/Goldfinger

Saturday is NITRATE day:

Red Shoes with a trailer show

and

Captain From Castille/Black Swan

Then the final day, Sunday:

Thief of Bagdad A British Technicolor print

and then the final double bill:

Seventh Voyage of Sinbad/Masque of the Red Death

If you love seeing films...in their original formats...try not to miss ALL of the shows this weekend at the Egyptian in Hollywood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks